BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I am about to buy a nice 2001 X5 4.4i w/ 75K miles. I will be the 5th owner. This vehicle never been owned outside California.

Carfax Report:
No total loss reported, no airbag deployment, no structural damage, no accident and no mfg recall. Engine/powertrain computer/module checked Evaporative emissions vent purge valve replaced 0n 08/2002 @ 18k miles. Blower motor limit switch replaced on 03/2003 @24k miles. Vehicle maintenance performed throughout and passed emission throughout.

I need to know maintenance cost such as catalytic converters, 02 sensors, cooling fluids...etc.

If there are other maintenance I need to know, please advise.

-john

· Registered
3 Posts
It is still for sale, considering buying it

I am looking at this same X5 right now and considering it. How come you decided against it? It is advertised for $16k at the "Truck and SUV Superstore". Any tips you can provide would be great! Thanks.

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want the 2004-up X5 with low or average miles.

E53 X5 4.4 through 2003 has 290hp to the crank while the 2004-up has 315hp.

· Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the info. I went ahead and got it. Love driving it (although it is really for my wife). Great options and condition, with only a few needs that I am quickly resolving. The other ones out there in that price range seemed a little rougher.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.