BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm the market for a new vehicle and found a 2001xi with 70k miles for $16,500. It's a black on black 5 speed and has all the options. It is a private sale from a single owner 60 year old guy and has always been garaged.

You guys think it's a good deal? What should I be looking for? Any known problems with that mileage? What maintenance should he have done?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
277 Posts
kinda high on the miles... I found my 01 330xi with 35K, for $25k. Don't get me wrong, still a lotta life left in the engine, but what about the other parts? (Bushings, regulators...) Is there a service record available for you to look at?
Just my .02

·
Registered
360 Posts
Without seeing the car, based on price/year/miles, it sounds like a good deal to me. Assuming it's in good to excellent condition, I doubt you could do better than that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Tees2myBimmer said:
I'm the market for a new vehicle and found a 2001xi with 70k miles for $16,500. It's a black on black 5 speed and has all the options. It is a private sale from a single owner 60 year old guy and has always been garaged.

You guys think it's a good deal? What should I be looking for? Any known problems with that mileage? What maintenance should he have done?

Any help would be appreciated.
Sounds fair enough. As long as he has done all the BMW recommended maintenance on time, I would trust it.
I have a 2001 325xi too, with 55k miles on it. I am the original owner and purchased the BMW extended warranty and BMW extended maintenance upto 100K. It is orient blue, premium package, steptronic, and in Boston. Just curious, how much would you pay for it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts