BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie here so please be patient with me..:)

I'm looking at a 94 325i which has done 143K miles..its my cousin's car who upgraded to a 530i. I know for sure that it has been maintained very well in terms of service, general repairs and is still going strong. It has many new parts (tires, radiator, batteries, belts)

Now, I want a car which can go really strong for the next 3-5 years with relatively decent maintenance costs. Do you guys think buying this 325 will be a prudent decision on my part or should I look at a bimmer which has done around 100K.

Also, buying this car will save me the hassle of looking for a car!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think you have answered your own question. I'll add my 2 cents anyway.

Buying a car that you are closely familiar with is ALWAYS smarter than rolling the dice and taking a strangers word about how well their car was maintained. Even if you were buying the car from Ghandi, they can't possibly recall every detail that your you probably already know about your brother's car. Plus, he's going to be around in the future so if you have any questions, just ask.

Mileage is important, but not solely important. I get the sense you are placing too much on a number. If you really want to feel better, take it to an independent tech and have it gone over before buying it. Personally, a strong E36 with 150k can still be modified and expected to perform with no problems for another 100k IMO.

Ciao

1 - 2 of 2 Posts