BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 1996 328i automatic, stock suspension, premium package, silver with grey leather. The car has 87,000 miles. I have had very few problems with the car in the past. It will now be needing new shocks and suspension pieces. The car has developed quite a few rattles. I would like to trade for a 1999 or 2000 323i or 328i. As my car has a lot of miles I am worried about putting a lot of money into the car as things begin to wear. I live in Mexico and thus do not have access to many parts for the E-36 cars. There are a lot of E-46 cars here as it is a very popular car. The E-46 cars that I have seen advertised have around 42,000 miles and are selling for around $23,000 fully loaded with automatic. Due to the high mileage of my car I will not be able to get much in trade in, around $13,000. I bought my 1996 328i in Houston and have noticed in autotrader there are quite a few E-46 for sale in Texas. My question is this, will the E-46 be a better car all around and will it be safer, quieter and more dependable. The roads here are awful and a soft ride is what I would like. Should I wait untill the 2003 BMW's come out to get the best trade. Thanks in advance

1 - 1 of 1 Posts