BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm days away from buying my 1st BMW and could use some help on the interior. I initially looked at a 2009 335i xdrive and had my heart set on Montego Blue/Lemon combo. I decided on the 535i xdrive instead (needed something bigger) and can't find a similarly stunning interior to go with Deep Sea Blue. I really liked the impact of the two-tone Lemon interior with the black carpets.

First question, is there any way to get Lemon on the 5 series especially if I'm ordering from the factory anyway? How much should I expect to pay? Any other options that provide light toned seats with dark carpets? The international website has a Champagne option that works but doesn't appear to be available in NA. Cream Beige is my back-up option. It's close but just not the same.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I'm days away from buying my 1st BMW and could use some help on the interior. I initially looked at a 2009 335i xdrive and had my heart set on Montego Blue/Lemon combo. I decided on the 535i xdrive instead (needed something bigger) and can't find a similarly stunning interior to go with Deep Sea Blue. I really liked the impact of the two-tone Lemon interior with the black carpets.

First question, is there any way to get Lemon on the 5 series especially if I'm ordering from the factory anyway? How much should I expect to pay? Any other options that provide light toned seats with dark carpets? The international website has a Champagne option that works but doesn't appear to be available in NA. Cream Beige is my back-up option. It's close but just not the same.
I have never heard about lemon in a 535. However, there should be a bulletin that lists all the colors etc. that are available. You can order some colors and interiors custom - it is called a priority 1 option. Oh and definately consider getting the M sport package.

·
Registered
558 Posts

Why not grey? Grey and a dark blue are an excellent combo. Very classy.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I don't think I could ever pull the trigger on a lemon interior - in any car. I guess it doesn't look too bad (from a few feet away) but it's still lemon (see attached). I have had cream beige in a 535i, bamboo beige in an M3 and most recently purchased a 550i with black interior. Here are my thoughts:

- Cream Beige - little more difficult to keep clean - but not to bad if you stay on top of it. It doesn't show dust at all. Maybe a tad too light for me.

- Natural Brown - This is my favorite choice. Some have compared to a peanut butter brown, which may be the case, but I just think that the type of leather BMW uses in the 5-series makes this color look stunning in pretty much any exterior (except maybe gray or silver).

- Black - Looks great and is easy to clean but does show dust.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Grey interior is too odd IMO, I had it in my previous 2 titanium silver metallic. Too much. however natural brown or peanut butter brown like the other member mentioned is great not because I have it but it really adds a different tone and class in the interior, doesn't show dirt and I think it would be a great combo with a Monaco Blue. Black is always nice too. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
Grey interior is too odd IMO, I had it in my previous 2 titanium silver metallic. Too much. however natural brown or peanut butter brown like the other member mentioned is great not because I have it but it really adds a different tone and class in the interior, doesn't show dirt and I think it would be a great combo with a Monaco Blue. Black is always nice too. Good luck.
I could see not liking grey but to describe it as "odd" is somewhat odd. Care to explain what you meann by "odd".

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I could see not liking Grey but to describe it as "odd" is somewhat odd. Care to explain what you meann by "odd".
I meant don't look right on a Monaco blue but again she was referring to Montego Blue so If it's darker than Monaco blue which i was reffering to then it's a different story, it just not my cup of tea just like Beige is odd with titanium silver metallic, to each his own.

·
gashlycrumb
2,550 Posts
Love that 2-tone natural brown & black :thumbup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
+1 on Natural Brown. Blue and Natural Brown is my favorite color combo right now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
+1 on the natural brown interior.

·
<my other German
444 Posts
the natural brown seems to be the nicest option since they stopped offering Auburn (below). I thought about how gorgeous it was every time I got in that doomed car.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
+1 on the Natural Brown. I loved that Auburn color and nearly bought an Orient Blue on Auburn before I found my TiSi/Black

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Auburn (below). I thought about how gorgeous it was every time I got in that doomed car.
That's a great int color if they still make it, I had it in the X3 loaner and I like the color combo alot not the car.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
I think the Priority One option for the 5er in the US would be Dark Blue leather, but since you want a light interior colour that doesnt really answer your question. Lemon is not available, and nor is the Individual Programme. Hence, no Champagne leather either.

The other P1 options for the 5er are ventilated/active seats, nasca leather, and the anthracite headliner.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
My first experience with Lemon was on an Alpine White 2008 328i loaner I got a few months ago. It was a beautiful combination but I bet it would be extremely difficult to keep clean. I like Momo's Natural Brown interior with the Sapphire Black metallic, but of course I prefer black on black. Very masculine for a guy and very sporty on a fast car.

·
Registered
824 Posts
If you go with the natural brown, you may want to get the black headliner (P1 option) so the interior has only two tones and not three. Also, keep in mind that the brown with black headliner and bamboo is hands down the best combo there is.

·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts

I don't have anything new to add in terms of interior color selections, but I thought I would mention the sticky thread on '09 5 Series dealer pricing. If you haven't looked at it, you definitely should. It helps to be well informed when negotiating prices.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309571

If you haven't looked into it already, you might also want to check out the European Delievery forum. BMW has a great program to pick up the car in Germany at a discount.

As someone else mentioned, you might want to check out the newly released m sport package:

http://www.bmwblog.com/2008/12/26/bmw-releases-m-sport-packages-for-us-models/

If you can wait and care, you may want to wait for the March production of the 5 series as I have confirmation that the March production of the 5 series will have the updated CIC harddrive based navigation system with the high resolution screen like the 3 and 7 series currently have.

Welcome to the forum, good luck with your purchase, and enjoy!

·
<my other German
444 Posts
I read the release about m sport, but I'm confused. Is there any mechanical difference between a sport package and an m sport package? or just cosmetics? Why is it not avail on 550i? thanks.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Why would they ever get rid of the Auburn color interior?

I have the Oriental Blue (another color they shouldn't have removed/very uniuqe) with the Auburn interior. At least a few times every month someone out of the blue will comment on the car. Usually how they like the color combo. My friends are always saying how they just can't over how great the interior color is. Just looks classy and pops out so much more then your basic gray, black, tan interiors.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts