BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Meinkugelschmerzen
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The F1 season is now over and with it BMW's participation in same. I hope their absence will not be for too long. With the rapid turnover of BMW management of late, maybe we will see some enlightened leadership again sooner than later. :bawling:

·
home sweet home...
307 Posts
maybe they'll introduce a modified GINA to the F1 series when they come back???

don't know if that would even be legal, but would be cool!

·
Passionate Enthusiast
318 Posts
Even though F1 may not have been much of a revenue-producing sport for BMW, that racing-lineage will surely be missed. The circuit will not be the same without them, at least not for me. As a huge fan of F1, I am dissapointed my favorite team won't be back for next season.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Even though F1 may not have been much of a revenue-producing sport for BMW, that racing-lineage will surely be missed. The circuit will not be the same without them, at least not for me. As a huge fan of F1, I am dissapointed my favorite team won't be back for next season.
That makes two of us :(

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
BMW is too preoccupied designing mainstream cars like the 5er GT and X6. I think we can stop keeping our hopes up.

·
BMW by necessity
387 Posts
Today, Toyota also announced that they are pulling out of F1, for good.

Also, during the Abu Dabi race, the announcers stated that the other drivers/teams thought that the BMW engine was the most powerful\reliable. :dunno:

It will be different next year. But with the addition of an American team and possibly Sauber entering the field, there will still be some personal interest in the series for me.

·
Skjoni's Dad
1,733 Posts
Honda pulled out as well, for economic reasons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts