Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
USAF Pararescue Veteran
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been able o post in a long time, been busy with work and family. However, Saturday night I was running some errands. A drunk driver decided to make a left in front of me. My 550 is now dead. My left headlight is almost a foot back from where it should be, the left front suspension is sheared off at the frame, and the strut is cracked in half. Air bag deployed.
Overall, it did it's job and kept me relatively safe, cuts, bruises, and some soreness.

He got out of his car and ran, resulting in him being charged with felony hit and run.

Short list of what the replacement might be:
F10 535
F01 740Li
or 640 Gran Coupe
Yeah, I loved the V8, but after having 3 friends lemon their 550s and another lemoned his 750, and yet another had $28,000 worth of work done to his 750 (luckily it cost him $50 thanks to CPO warranty) - Yeah, I will go for the TT6, thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
Supposedly the n63tu fixed the major issues with the n63. Keyword is supposedly. BMW didn't even start their "customer care package" until after the n63tu had came out, I believe.

Anyway, I recommend the 6er gran coupe. I think it's the best looking car in the line up, inside and out.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Agian. I'm glad you made it out relatively unscathed. You will be missed in this Forum. You were a lot of help for many. I would agree with etnav382, the 640 Gran Coupe is an piece of art in my opinion. Beautiful car inside and out. Either way, let us know what you get and share some pics. And then share some more pics because I know it won't stay like that long. You were E60 Chameleon.

·
Casual Fanatic
2,151 Posts
Glad to see you're posting again, but sorry it had to be under these circumstances. Please keep us appraised of whatever you decide to do and good luck!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was wondering why I haven't seen any posts from you in awhile. Glad you are ok! I was just at the dealer the other day and while looking thru the showroom I also thought to myself, the Gran Coupe is a great looking car.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Yikes! Thank God u survived. I tell ya you can be the most responsible person in the world all it takes is one irresponsible yahoo and your life can be gone in an instance.

I think the 640 grans coup is a fine choice. I've been eyeing those 6 series for a while.

·
USAF Pararescue Veteran
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Supposedly the n63tu fixed the major issues with the n63. Keyword is supposedly. BMW didn't even start their "customer care package" until after the n63tu had came out, I believe.

Anyway, I recommend the 6er gran coupe. I think it's the best looking car in the line up, inside and out.
I am leaning towards the Gran Coupe as well, it's just difficult to find that many that have low miles. There just aren't that many out there.

Agian. I'm glad you made it out relatively unscathed. You will be missed in this Forum. You were a lot of help for many. I would agree with etnav382, the 640 Gran Coupe is an piece of art in my opinion. Beautiful car inside and out. Either way, let us know what you get and share some pics. And then share some more pics because I know it won't stay like that long. You were E60 Chameleon.
LOL, thanks Bro, I hope to be as helpful with the next car as I learn it's nuances. And yes, you know very well, the next one won't be stock for long :thumbup:

Glad to see you're posting again, but sorry it had to be under these circumstances. Please keep us appraised of whatever you decide to do and good luck!
Thank you buddy, appreciate it.

I was wondering why I haven't seen any posts from you in awhile. Glad you are ok! I was just at the dealer the other day and while looking thru the showroom I also thought to myself, the Gran Coupe is a great looking car.
I have loved the Gran Coupe since it was released.

Yikes! Thank God u survived. I tell ya you can be the most responsible person in the world all it takes is one irresponsible yahoo and your life can be gone in an instance.

I think the 640 grans coup is a fine choice. I've been eyeing those 6 series for a while.
I was thinking about that the other day as well. I have had 41 cars in my life, exactly 2 have been totalled - both by drunk drivers. When are people going to learn? :dunno:

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Hey John ,, I'm really glad , and the important thing is your ok bud . Sorry to see this is the reason you posted . But you have been a valuable asset to this forum and many of us have benefited from your contributions to the forum .. Sorry your baby got taken out , and it's prolly good for the guy that ran away , hate to see what he would of looked like if you got your hands on him , damage to him, probably worst than what your car looks like, lol .

Just because you don't have your 5 , doesn't mean your not one of us any more , once a member always a member bro ! .

·
Registered
173 Posts
sorry to see this, but glad you're okay and the car did it's job. I agree with you on avoiding the N63, and I'm really liking the style of the 6 series GC, that's what I want to get in a couple of years.

·
USAF Pararescue Veteran
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad you are ok. Have you seen the Mercedes C450 AMG?
Lol, I like Mercs, but I still always associate them with old men (my dad was a big Mercedes guy, had many when I was a kid)

Hey John ,, I'm really glad , and the important thing is your ok bud . Sorry to see this is the reason you posted . But you have been a valuable asset to this forum and many of us have benefited from your contributions to the forum .. Sorry your baby got taken out , and it's prolly good for the guy that ran away , hate to see what he would of looked like if you got your hands on him , damage to him, probably worst than what your car looks like, lol .

Just because you don't have your 5 , doesn't mean your not one of us any more , once a member always a member bro ! .

LOL, I know bro, one of the cops said he probably ran because he saw the size of me :thumbup:
Whatever I get next, I hope I am able to continue to contribute

sorry to see this, but glad you're okay and the car did it's job. I agree with you on avoiding the N63, and I'm really liking the style of the 6 series GC, that's what I want to get in a couple of years.
I love the GC, but finding one that is affordable and has options I would want is becoming an issue, and I need my next car ASAP. I even found a GC that didn't even have NAV - Who does that? Who buys an $80k+ car without even NAV? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Probably some illegal pos who doesn't even have insurance glad that your safe, F10's are nice so is the GC but I would get a Porche Panamera for the price of GC. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Damn, glad you ended up okay but it is a damn shame the 550i is totaled. I'd say get a 535d. I drove one last year and it had a ton of tq vs the standard 535i. Just a thought.

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
I'd also vote for the GC. It's been on my wish list for a long time.

Agree with staying away from the turbo v8s. What a nightmare.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
If you want N63 based engine gets the MY 2013 and up, supposedly the issue with stretch timing chain has been fixed.

N55 inline-6TT is not as strong as N54.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Damn, glad you ended up okay but it is a damn shame the 550i is totaled. I'd say get a 535d. I drove one last year and it had a ton of tq vs the standard 535i. Just a thought.
Yes, the diesels do have abutt load of torque. I test drove before settling on what I did buy, and I am still pretty happy with my E60 choice.

The only flag I got from my very good mechanic and that was that the diesles can be horrific in terms of expense when it comes to things like the cats. So, great fuel mileage, good performance, but if we hated the cost of the gassers, the diesels would put a whole new world on $$ hurt in certain areas.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts