BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Bye bye, internal combustion!

2481 Views 25 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  33beto
European Union to Ban ALL Fossil Fuel-Powered Cars by 2050
the EU will announce plans in the European Union***8217;s Roadmap on Transport next week to ban all fossil fuel-powered cars in Europe by 2050. They will start with a goal of reducing fossil fuel vehicle numbers by 50% by the year 2030, and plan to accomplish this by using more hybrid and electric vehicle technology. They***8217;ll also stress a move away from personal transportation and instead focus on public mass transit. According to the Roadmap on Transport, the goal for this radical shift is to reduce traffic-related C02 emissions by 60 percent in 2050.
HERE is what tax-'em-into-submission compliance obsessed Europeans are moving toward.

Thankfully, most of us will be unconcerned when it happens.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
No worries, the EU won't be around in 2050 to enforce that mandate. :p
I'm not sure who is making decisions here in Germany, soon they won't have any power to run the transit system they are shutting down all the nuke power plants also. I guess they are going to burn the so-called clean coal for power. They have a lot of coal here!:eek:
HERE is what tax-'em-into-submission compliance obsessed Europeans are moving toward.

Thankfully, most of us will be unconcerned when it happens.
Better start building power plants... Need to charge those cars and they use alot of power...
Or next year at the rate they are going!
As I understand it, they're simply buying the necessary extra electricity from France. Yes, most likely from, ironically, nuclear power sources.
I'm not sure who is making decisions here in Germany, soon they won't have any power to run the transit system they are shutting down all the nuke power plants also. I guess they are going to burn the so-called clean coal for power. They have a lot of coal here!:eek:
Quite true.... :)
I have a 45kw solar system, i love it.
"Germany sets new solar power record, Insitute says"

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/26/us-climate-germany-solar-idUSBRE84P0FI20120526
It is an undeniable fact that with 7 billion (and growing) humans on the planet the internal combustion engine will be going away. The unanswered question is whether it will be replaced by a sustainable alternative or end up being the index fossil for the human race.
The country gets about 20 percent of its overall annual electricity from those sources renewable energy. One critics say renewable energy is not reliable enough nor is there enough capacity to power major industrial nations.

The jump above the 20 GW level was due to increased capacity this year and bright sunshine nationwide. Most years it is very cloudy over Europe. And what happens when the Volcano acts up again and blocks the sun, no sun power! :eek:

Utilities and consumer groups have complained the FIT for solar power adds about 2 cents per kilowatt/hour on top of electricity prices in Germany that are already among the highest in the world with consumers paying about 23 cents per kw/h.

German consumers pay about 4 billion euros ($5 billion) per year on top of their electricity bills for solar power!:( My 2 cents
Need cars that run on Soylent Green. High mpg, no more crowded cities.
23 cents a kw is cheep, in CA it varies from 13cents to 41 cents per hour.. 13 cents till 300 kw per month then it goes up
I guess it starts a 23 with no breaks here! I can tell you we pay $590.00 monthly for a stand alone home with 3 bed rooms about 1500sf, No AC, that's with electric and natural gas together! :( It's crazy! It will be even more when the Euro goes back up! :yikes:
23 cents a kw is cheep, in CA it varies from 13cents to 41 cents per hour.. 13 cents till 300 kw per month then it goes up
With the world population growing uncontrollably, the only way to produce enough of clean energy is the nuclear power. The wind and solar are just a small addition.
Rhakes, how many kw donu use per month
My uncle has a country place
That no one knows about.
He says it used to be a farm,
Before the Motor Law.
And on Sundays I elude the Eyes,
And hop the Turbine Freight
To far outside the Wire,
Where my white-haired uncle waits.

Jump to the ground
As the Turbo slows to cross the Borderline.
Run like the wind,
As excitement shivers up and down my spine.
Down in his barn,
My uncle preserved for me an old machine,
For fifty-odd years.
To keep it as new has been his dearest dream.

I strip away the old debris
That hides a shining car.
A brilliant red Barchetta
From a better, vanished time.
I fire up the willing engine,
Responding with a roar.
Tires spitting gravel,
I commit my weekly crime...
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/rush/red+barchetta_20119966.html ]
Wind-
In my hair-
Shifting and drifting-
Mechanical music-
Adrenalin surge...

Well-weathered leather,
Hot metal and oil,
The scented country air.
Sunlight on chrome,
The blur of the landscape,
Every nerve aware.

Suddenly ahead of me,
Across the mountainside,
A gleaming alloy air-car
Shoots towards me, two lanes wide.
I spin around with shrieking tires,
To run the deadly race,
Go screaming through the valley
As another joins the chase.

Drive like the wind,
Straining the limits of machine and man.
Laughing out loud
With fear and hope, I've got a desperate plan.
At the one-lane bridge
I leave the giants stranded at the riverside.
Race back to the farm, to dream with my uncle at the fireside
At first I paid about a $100.00 more a month than I do now. You only get a yearly bill, we were here about 5 months and it was time for the yearly settlement. They do the whole neighbor hood at the same time. After all was said and done they lowered the amount we needed to pay monthly to what I told you before. Not sure how many KW we used in 5 months!
Rhakes, how many kw donu use per month
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.