BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1997 BMW Z3 C33 radio issue. My radio only turns on intermittently, and if it does stay on, it's only for a half hour at most, but sometimes only a few minutes before it shuts off again. I opened it up and used a multimeter to determine that the resistor (#2) between pin 5 (power) and 15 (ground) was broken. So I bought a new resistor and replaced it. However, immediately after installing the radio back into the car, I noticed that the new resistor was getting incredibly hot. So hot that the solder became molten again. I used a laser thermometer and also noticed that #1 and #3 areas were also getting quite hot. Hotter than any other components I tested. Seems there's a short somewhere, but I don't know where. All fuses are intact. Anyone know what might be causing this? Also if someone could point me towards a schematic for this radio, that would be helpful. I can't seem to find one anywhere. Thanks
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic engineering Electronic component

1 - 2 of 2 Posts