BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy

I traded my mustang in on an 09 335i. It has ca and came with 2 fobs. 1 works fine, the 2nd has issues. The battery in #2 was dead when i got it, so that was replaced.

Now all the remote functions work, locking/unlocking by touch works etc. I can insert in the dash and start it, but with it out of the dash i get the no key symbol.

I've spent a few days searching but have come up dry on this set of issues.
Ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Batteries is maybe 5 days old. I bought a new set and replaced the dead and the working fobs batteries at the same time. There's no change in the working fob working, It does everything including key in my pocket starting. But the kind of working fob works except for the key out start option. It was totally dead when I got the car, only thing it would do was start with the key in the slot. Now I can stand in my house and control the locks/windows/sunroof, touching the door handles with the key in my pocket will control locks windows etc, but I have to put the key in to start the car. It's weird, I'd expect it to either totally work, or not work at all.

Is there something in the coding that might enable/disable that option alone for that key?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts