BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered my 5 and put down a $500 deposit

now the lease rates have changed and i was misled about the MSDs in NY and they won't be allowed after being told they were.

1) can i get my deposit back?
2) if i get the same deal in CT, where MSDs are allowed, should i cancel my order?
3) should i talk to the sales manager at original dealership?

what do u think?

·
Happily Driving
7,201 Posts
Talk to the sales manager, and if you still don't get resolution, take your $500 and walk to another dealership.

I think even though you buy the car in CT, if you live in NY, the laws of the state the car will have registration in will apply. Wish I had better info for you on that.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me530 said:
Talk to the sales manager, and if you still don't get resolution, take your $500 and walk to another dealership.

I think even though you buy the car in CT, if you live in NY, the laws of the state the car will have registration in will apply. Wish I had better info for you on that.
Just spoke to another dealer in CT who sells to NY'ers all the time and they honored the 7 MSD's :) at the same selling price :)

i'm a happy camper again. :) :) :)

off to get my deposit back !

·
Registered
27,273 Posts
^ Good for you :thumbup: I was in the biz for a long time, make sure when you ask for the deposit back you explain WHY you have chosen not to keep your business with them. Maybe next time they will pay a bit more attention to the CAs follow up practices.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bryce mcgarvey said:
^ Good for you :thumbup: I was in the biz for a long time, make sure when you ask for the deposit back you explain WHY you have chosen not to keep your business with them. Maybe next time they will pay a bit more attention to the CAs follow up practices.
Just left a msg with his secretary 5 minutes ago.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now...

now the sales managers aren't returning my emails and calls.

How do I get my deposit back?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Did you go down to the dealership?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
OriBMW said:
now the sales managers aren't returning my emails and calls.

How do I get my deposit back?
I'd call and ask for the general manager. If he avoids you, speak to the owner.

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
8,012 Posts
If you put the deposit on plastic (and I hope for your sake you did), tell them that if it is not refunded within 48 hours you are going straight to Visa / MasterCard with a complaint.

If you gave them a check, I hope you have stopped payment on it....

And I bet telling them you are Elliott Spitzer's son-in-law would do wonders!:yikes:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Confrontation on a Saturday early afternoon and a :mad: demeanor would certainly get their attention!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts