Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Is there a way to see my iPhone calendar on the idrive screen?
But where do I find it in the car?
If scrolling through iDrive inside the car isn't helpful in figuring it out...then I highly suggest turning to your paper back owners manual & Nav manuals/booklets. If you don't have those...then downloadable PDF versions are still available online (see link below for iDrive PDF owners manual):

As suggested above...I'd try OFFICE or CONNECTED DRIVE. Not all phones work with CALENDAR...so again, check the owners manual or pull up the manual on iDrive for info on how to check if your phone is compatible with OFFICE and CONNECTED DRIVE:

Click following link to download iDrive Owners Manual: https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=806944&d=1531409867

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Checked...

Phone must be plugged-in via snap-in adapter of USB cable. Select Connected Drive and start the BMW Connected APP. Once APPS are loaded, Calendar pops up as an option. Won't work via Bluetooth, there must be a physical connection.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Checked...

Phone must be plugged-in via snap-in adapter of USB cable. Select Connected Drive and start the BMW Connected APP. Once APPS are loaded, Calendar pops up as an option. Won't work via Bluetooth, there must be a physical connection.
Thanks! So I also have to have the subscription to use APPS? Right now I'm only paying for real time traffic.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Thanks! So I also have to have the subscription to use APPS? Right now I'm only paying for real time traffic.
No. You just have to have the APPS option. My wife's 2012 has no subscribed services and my calendar still displayed with the old app. It fails now with the new connected drive app and I get this error (which makes no sense to me as I have the app on my phone!)

iDrive error_1.jpg

I have NO idea why the pic is sideways...

·
Registered
2013 535xi
4,179 Posts
When I talked to them i was told you DO have to have the subscription.
Since they dropped the 2g support, my car can no longer communicate until the hardware gets upgraded to 3g.
To me it wasn't worth it.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
When I talked to them i was told you DO have to have the subscription.
Since they dropped the 2g support, my car can no longer communicate until the hardware gets upgraded to 3g.
To me it wasn't worth it.
I had the upgrade done back when it was offered for free so I do have the 3G (or whatever it is).

·
Registered
2013 535xi
4,179 Posts
Just saying when I inquired i was told I had to do the hardware upgraded and have a subscription to BMW Assist or something.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Just saying when I inquired i was told I had to do the hardware upgraded and have a subscription to BMW Assist or something.
There's no way I can justify $200 per for my wife's car; she drives around 2K miles per year. At least on my 2014 the options are individual so I just get the traffic and on-line service. I have absolutely no need nor desire for the concierge services. She also is a technophobe so only has a "dumb" flip-phone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts