BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup guys, i have a problem with my clutch it doesnt seem to shift smooth unless i rev the engine to a little over 3200 rpm, which i thought was normal? or is it? a friend of mine mentioned i can get my clutch and and engine calibrated to work in sync by the dealer, has anyone done this before? if so i think i might need because everytime i hit the clutch it thumps, only time it doesnt thump is when i am 3100 rpm or more. thanks :confused:

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Anyone have any idea what he is talking about ?

Just going out on a limb here most shift issues seem to come down to the cdv clutch delay valve that bmw installed on most of the cars. Do a search on shifting problems and or cdv and you will see where people have removed it.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,247 Posts
sup guys, i have a problem with my clutch it doesnt seem to shift smooth unless i rev the engine to a little over 3200 rpm, which i thought was normal? or is it? a friend of mine mentioned i can get my clutch and and engine calibrated to work in sync by the dealer, has anyone done this before? if so i think i might need because everytime i hit the clutch it thumps, only time it doesnt thump is when i am 3100 rpm or more. thanks :confused:
So keep your shift points over 3200 RPMs....it`s a BMW fer Chrissakes, not a John Deere....
(BTW, there IS no such thing as your friend suggested)

Regards,
Bob

·
Registered
288 Posts
So keep your shift points over 3200 RPMs....it`s a BMW fer Chrissakes, not a John Deere....
(BTW, there IS no such thing as your friend suggested)

Regards,
Bob
+1
I usually shift around 3,000 or higher, why would you want to shift just as you entered the power band? To me, it feels like the engine likes to be shifted at those higher RPM's, and my shifts are smoother.

Storm

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I was haiving the same problem with mine when it came to shifting. It would be good at times and then at times i would have to rev really high (above 3000) to get it to shift. The problem actually got worse and so now I am going to change the transmission fluid, the brake and clutch fluid, remove the CDV, and chech my shift knob to see if it fixes the problem. If i were you I would look into the problem before it gets worse because it will. I don't know if this will solve my problem but i will find out in two days. I was also thinking that it might be my clutch going out but my car only has 22,000 miles so I doubt that is the problem even though a clutch can be messed up in minutes with crap driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts