Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the BMW world. Have messed around with VW diesels including using VCDS to change parameters etc. Recently picked up a 2006 E90 325i for 1500 as a non runner.
Replaced the DME and CAS and it is now running well. Traction control, ABS and cruise control are not working.
Attempted to set up a PC to run diagnostics and coding but it pretty much kicked my butt. Bought a Foxwell and was messing around with it today and the good news is the wheel speed sensors are all working and the ABS pump is good (per test). The bad news is Foxwell says the DSC is not the right vin and must be calibrated.
Any pointers would be great. Can i do this with INPA? Is there a way to do it with Foxwell? What is the best way to calibrate the DSC or possibly register the DME/CAS with a new vin???

The other issue is my tail light circuit is dead and when I try to reset the trouble codes with foxwell it says ERROR_ECU_REJECTED The weird thing is the tail light circuit does not appear in the active test functions.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,467 Posts
Welcome. www.NewTIS.info has lots of answers, maybe not to your questions. RealOEM.com is partnumbers.

I loved my TDI for thirteen years, but it was just too small, for our stuff and our safety. Welcome.

Uwe Ross coded my TDI personally.

·
Kostspieliger Spaß Quandt
879 Posts
You need to sync & write your original VIN to the donor modules. You won't do that with the Foxwell. You need NCS Expert which is a component of a BMW factory software tool set called BMW Standard Tools. You will also need a K+DCAN diagnostic cable - see amazon or ebay.

One-Click Install of BMW Standard tools (WinXP-Win10)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to sync & write your original VIN to the donor modules. You won't do that with the Foxwell. You need NCS Expert which is a component of a BMW factory software tool set called BMW Standard Tools. You will also need a K+DCAN diagnostic cable - see amazon or ebay.

One-Click Install of BMW Standard tools (WinXP-Win10)
Sweet! Thanks, I do have the K+DCAN cable already and a laptop running Win10. This is exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I went in with INPA and got the information from the UIF page. I can see everything has the right vin with exception to the DME and CAS
I then opened WinKFP and started comfort mode.

How do I find the right programming data? Is that what the Datten files are? Thanks for the help. I probably should have gotten revision data from my old DME but that got taken by the trash man already.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Figured out the daten file. The BMW coding tool will not launch so I can import the data that way. Is there another way to import the data to WINkpf?

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Go to the e90post.com coding board.
Normaly when replacing a Cas and DME they have
to be coded to the car so that Vin number which is stored
in multiple modules is matched up and the mileage as well.

https://www.facebook.com/GcodingBMW

best to get the entire bimmerkgeeks download it has
the bmwcoding tool in it that integrates new datens automatically after
you specify the daten files you with to update with that
are also at the site.

Also you wouldn't need to update the datens in that version most likely.

You could do the file import by hand if you could identify all the files
but that is a big pain.

The files go into edbias all the tools like ncsexper , winkfp and tool32 call
them up form there.

diagnostic manual ista/inpa
https://bimmerprofs.com/diagnostics-inpa-part-1/
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...istad_en.pdf&usg=AOvVaw07T_NaCfxo19teM9vkTF-C
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...r-manual.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0lXHagfk7x8H3pN8h1fMuF
https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2324032-What-can-ISTA-P-actually-do

I would also do he readouts from inpa listed in part 1 of the above inpa description from
bimmerprofs it will
printout of list of the modules and what it thinks there vin nunbers hardware and firmware
versions are.

This was kind of interesting but might not be related

https://bimmerprofs.com/e90-absdsc-problem/

Best to get both the Inpa suite and ista/plus going from the Bimmergeeks.net link
there is really no substitute for either.
My Inpa printout shows that the DSC is not one of the modules that requires a vin.
Do you actually have the same error code in Inpa?
do you have a fault code displayed on your Instrument cluster?
What does the Inpa fault code say if any?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help. I wound up calling a guy and he set up software remotely and with my car sitting in the garage did some diagnostics and flashed the DME and calibrated the DSC. Totally cool how he could be sitting thousands of miles away and be looking at my car. All I suppied was a computer and a cable.
As it turns out Foxwell was telling me the vin was wrong in the DSC but that's because it get's the vin information from the CAS by default and I had swapped that out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the help. I wound up calling a guy and he set up software remotely and with my car sitting in the garage did some diagnostics and flashed the DME and calibrated the DSC. Totally cool how he could be sitting thousands of miles away and be looking at my car. All I suppied was a computer and a cable.
As it turns out Foxwell was telling me the vin was wrong in the DSC but that's because it get's the vin information from the CAS by default and I had swapped that out.
Do you happen to have his contact information? I am having a similar issue, except the foxwell is able to read my DSC sensor as it looks to be original. I can not tell if it is the OEM one that came with the car from the info provided on my nt520 pro, it provides a model number, hardware number and other stuff but no VIN number under the DSC sensor info.

The Auto VIN population on the foxwell did work and matches my cars body VIN number though so that is not an issue. I am going to try calibrating the DSC Sensor and then the Steering Angle Sensor. Is that the correct order? I think I might have done it backwards the first time. I have a 1 series (09 135i w/ iDrive) so I am going to be starting a thread in that section of the forum now as well. Thanks for any help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts