BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a CCD at Walmart after reading all the posts about how good they are.

I notice everytime after I wipe my baby with it, and the car is completely dry now, it leaves a hazy film on the paint and on the windows, windshields. Those who use the CCD, does yours do that? :dunno:

·
Registered
91 Posts
bimmee said:

I notice everytime after I wipe my baby with it, and the car is completely dry now, it leaves a hazy film on the paint and on the windows, windshields. Those who use the CCD, does yours do that? :dunno:
I'm guessing that is just the parrafin wax--did you let it sit for a few days on newspapers to get the "excess" parrafin out? If not, do that for a few days before using.

eric

·
5,820 Posts
I was told that if it doesn't have the wooden handle it isn't the real CCD and will streak. I think Car Care Specialties Online told me this. I may be wrong. I'm not aware of mine streaking, bought from Brookstone and it has the wood handle.

·
Registered
590 Posts
bimmee said:

I find the CCD to be an essential car car product, extending wash times. The newspaper trick might help get the excess wax off.

The California Water Blade is equally useful, helping to avoid microscratches from drying towels (even microfiber towels can leave scratches).

--gary

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope didnt use the newspaper trick, I will do it right now!!!!

So just wrap? No need to apply any force?

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Re: Re: California car duster, is it really that great??

Nat Brown said:
The California Water Blade is equally useful, helping to avoid microscratches from drying towels (even microfiber towels can leave scratches).
So long as the blade doesn't pick up anything to drag along the surface of the car.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
johnlew said:
I was told that if it doesn't have the wooden handle it isn't the real CCD and will streak. I think Car Care Specialties Online told me this. I may be wrong. I'm not aware of mine streaking, bought from Brookstone and it has the wood handle.
Nah, now even the origional ones have a plastic handle...cost cutting.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
in_d_haus said:

Nah, now even the origional ones have a plastic handle...cost cutting.
Maybe where you are but I just got one 2 weeks ago and it had the wooden handle:D

Bimmee as for the newspaper trick, just lie it face down for 2 days. You will see the excess wax that comes off very easily.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
vexed said:
Don't know but gee isn't my car clean?:angel: Of course it is raining today:cry:
Show off:flipoff:

Take your nice new camera and take some real shots that you promised me;)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
vexed said:
Don't know but gee isn't my car clean?:angel: Of course it is raining today:cry:
Okok, we agree your car looks good, but yeap, its raining :bawling: :bawling:

·
Revelation 10:7
1,012 Posts
I just bought my CCD from ProperAutoCare. It has the Red fibers and the wooden Handle. While I was at WalMart yesterday, I checked out the CCD there and there is definately a difference. The material used for the Duster itself is Grey and also much smaller in size. I have no idea if one works better than the other, but I certainly prefer the one I have. If anything, it gives piece of mind. I bought the California Kit from CMA, so I got the MiniDuster and the WaterBlade. The MiniDuster and the WaterBlade appear to be identical to those carried at WalMart.

Definately leave the CCD on newspaper. I could not believe the amount of Wax that dripped off.

As for using it, it is great. I did my car and then immediately followed it up with Z6. Car looked like I had just washed it. Of course, I left right after and got rained on, but what's a guy to do?

For the record, the California Combo Kit is $39.95 from CMA and includes all three items.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well, it has been wrapped in newspaper for 10 hours now.

Will see if it still streaks, if it does, i will just order it online. man, why these people make it so difficult on the consumers... :mad:

·
Revelation 10:7
1,012 Posts
bimmee said:
well, it has been wrapped in newspaper for 10 hours now.

Will see if it still streaks, if it does, i will just order it online. man, why these people make it so difficult on the consumers... :mad:
According to the instructions that come with the Duster, it should be left out on Newspaper for 24 Hours.

Then, the first 03 to 04 times you use it, the Duster will leave Wax Streaks on your car that can be easily removed. Once the Duster has been used several times, the streaking will stop.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
GSR13 said:

According to the instructions that come with the Duster, it should be left out on Newspaper for 24 Hours.

Then, the first 03 to 04 times you use it, the Duster will leave Wax Streaks on your car that can be easily removed. Once the Duster has been used several times, the streaking will stop.
I remember reading the instructions on how to clean the duster, really dont recall reading anything about wrapping it in newspaper. Maybe thats the difference between the one at walmart and the one online:dunno: :dunno:

Thats why I said they make it hard on the consumers, the product is named the same but we dunno if they ARE the same... :confused:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.