BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello people, i just wanted to get feedback on your rides. i live in vegas and frequently go to LA im about to get 22" wheels and i just wanted to know how this will affect my drive. is the ride still comfortable with 22's for long driving? also would i still be able to have passengers in the back seat without rubbing with these size tires? will this f*** up my suspension in the long run if i dont upgrade? your feedback is appreciated. thanks:angel:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Unless you are a pimp or rapper, why would you possibly want or need 22 inch rims?

I am more of a purist (no mods), but I am wondering what, except for "looks", are the benefits?:dunno:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LowOrbit said:
Unless you are a pimp or rapper, why would you possibly want or need 22 inch rims?

I am more of a purist (no mods), but I am wondering what, except for "looks", are the benefits?:dunno:
how about...because I CAN!!:flipoff: ....anyway in addition to my questions above my car has self leveling in the rear so does that mean i cant lower the rear, how does the self leveling work wat if i have a couple passengers in the back and it will be tilting towards the back, would it level itself and not rub when i have the 22's.:dunno:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Great reply.. really shows your maturity. i almost wish that BMW had some kind of fund to rescue (buy back) their cars from people like you.

I wouldn't normally come to a snap judgement (22's can sometimes be tasteful) but judging by your tasteless actions your wheels probably wont appeal to many on this forum.

To anser your self leveling question, I would stay away from lowering the car, as it is pretty low all ready, and you will probably not be left with much room after those wheels.

·
2002 745LI
168 Posts
The ride with 22"s is not bad......of course the best ride is stock. as far
as lowering it. I would stay away from that since you have the self leveling
suspension. You will be able to have passengers in the back as long as you get the correct set-up. if you dont you will pay for it with the rear tires rubbing.
check out all the post regarding 22"s in this forum! you should find what wheels and
set-up works for you.

Good luck! :thumbup:

No need to be a rapper or a pimp to have 22"s ....its just a matter of choice!!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Why not get a Hummer and put a Roundel on the hood. All kidding aside, I have no idea how 22" wheels would work. To me, just seems strange to change the car thay way.
Good luck however.
vz

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jalli said:
Great reply.. really shows your maturity. i almost wish that BMW had some kind of fund to rescue (buy back) their cars from people like you.

I wouldn't normally come to a snap judgement (22's can sometimes be tasteful) but judging by your tasteless actions your wheels probably wont appeal to many on this forum.
did you read the title on this thread, i didnt think so....these questions are only for 7 series owners with 22" wheels....maybe you should remove that cessna stuck up your :bareass:

·
BMW-addicted
1,335 Posts
dbringas said:
did you read the title on this thread, i didnt think so....these questions are only for 7 series owners with 22" wheels....maybe you should remove that cessna stuck up your :bareass:
It's likely there aren't that many people on this board with a 7-series AND 22" wheels
BTW, using that kind of language won't earn you much sympathies on this board and aren't helpful to get a high number of responses either.:thumbdwn:

This board is based on a kind of "give and take"-logic. Sure, many people could give you a helpful answer on your thread but by reading your responses, they consider it a waste of time because it's unlikely you could provide useful information to this board on future posts. You see where this is going?

·
Banned
973 Posts
I think with ignorant comments like that you desrved the reply you got.:tsk:

That is like saying those that do no mods are old farts and nerds with fancy cars.:rolleyes:

Please keep your ignorance to yourself and learn to not disrespect others by claiming that if they do certain mod then they are blah blah blah.....:rolleyes: .....real immature attitude pal:thumbdwn: .

Not everyone is alike and not everyone thinks the same.....thus dont be close minded loser. If that is not your taste then you dont reply to threads with 22" wheels etc. Why do you put so much time and effort into making rude comments. If you cant say something nice then do us a favor and shutup.

Oh and this is not just for you but for other who do the same.....get a life losers. If some thing is of no interest to you then why do you reply with ignornat attitude.:dunno: :mad: :thumbdwn:

LowOrbit said:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
760Lifan said:
It's likely there aren't that many people on this board with a 7-series AND 22" wheels
BTW, using that kind of language won't earn you much sympathies on this board and aren't helpful to get a high number of responses either.:thumbdwn:

This board is based on a kind of "give and take"-logic. Sure, many people could give you a helpful answer on your thread but by reading your responses, they consider it a waste of time because it's unlikely you could provide useful information to this board on future posts. You see where this is going?
well as i said on the title on the thread that its for 7series owners w/ 22" rim and ppl just dont seem to understand that plus they leave negative remarks what am i supposed to do shut up. they had it coming if they dont agree with wat im doing with my car then just leave the thread, its my car and i'll do wat i wanna do with it right!:bigpimp:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kayani_1 said:
I think with ignorant comments like that you desrved the reply you got.:tsk:

That is like saying those that do no mods are old farts and nerds with fancy cars.:rolleyes:

Please keep your ignorance to yourself and learn to not disrespect others by claiming that if they do certain mod then they are blah blah blah.....:rolleyes: .....real immature attitude pal:thumbdwn: .

Not everyone is alike and not everyone thinks the same.....thus dont be close minded loser. If that is not your taste then you dont reply to threads with 22" wheels etc. Why do you put so much time and effort into making rude comments. If you cant say something nice then do us a favor and shutup.

Oh and this is not just for you but for other who do the same.....get a life losers. If some thing is of no interest to you then why do you reply with ignornat attitude.:dunno: :mad: :thumbdwn:
i agree!!!:thumbup:

·
BMW-addicted
1,335 Posts
dbringas said:
well as i said on the title on the thread that its for 7series owners w/ 22" rim and ppl just dont seem to understand that plus they leave negative remarks what am i supposed to do shut up. they had it coming if they dont agree with wat im doing with my car then just leave the thread, its my car and i'll do wat i wanna do with it right!:bigpimp:
I do respect other people's opinion and taste - there's nothing wrong with that. I just thought you could have shared this opinion without using bad language. I wouldn't have left a comment about your responses if you would have replied in the same way you did to my post..:thumbup:

·
2002 745LI
168 Posts
I think with ignorant comments like that you desrved the reply you got.

That is like saying those that do no mods are old farts and nerds with fancy cars.

Please keep your ignorance to yourself and learn to not disrespect others by claiming that if they do certain mod then they are blah blah blah..... .....real immature attitude pal .

Oh and this is not just for you but for other who do the same.....get a life losers. If some thing is of no interest to you then why do you reply with ignornat attitude.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 2004 745Li rides really smooth with 22s. Although if you're planning to make that drive from vegas to LA frequently, you're going to hate it. My buddy with an 06 750Li on 22s say he'll never make that drive again. the road construction on the 15 is killer, but then again you can always slow down to a crawl passed it.

·
Master of the Universe
1,348 Posts
I have a 2004 745Li and the Eibach lowering springs go on this Saturday (It's a tasteful 1 1/4" drop). I will try to post some before and after pics and differences in ride quality. 22s will be next.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My 7 is on 22's with a front H&R drop (rear is auto-leveling) 1.5"

I really haven't had any rubbing problems... and it is a joy to drive anywhere, no matter road conditions...

·
Banned
37 Posts
you'll be ok. i have 22's on mine and you do lose some ride comfortness, but the look more than makes up for it. Since the 7 has such a bog body, the rims look nice and not too exagerating. Good Luck!!! I also have a post on here where i am sharing my pics.... I just put it up today.. Sterling Grey Metalic....

·
///M for Motor Sports!
2,946 Posts
Nope

hello people, i just wanted to get feedback on your rides. i live in vegas and frequently go to LA im about to get 22" wheels and i just wanted to know how this will affect my drive. is the ride still comfortable with 22's for long driving? also would i still be able to have passengers in the back seat without rubbing with these size tires? will this f*** up my suspension in the long run if i dont upgrade? your feedback is appreciated. thanks:angel:
Just don't drop the suspention and you will be fine.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.