BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new set of tires & my alignment checked. The technician told me that my rear camber alignment bolt had broken & that they couldn't align the rear left wheel. From the sheet they gave me the spec range is -1.8 to -1.3. Right now it is at -.8. Since I have a lifetime alignment program they said just get the Camber alignment bolt & bring it back in. They would then realign everything. Did a search at bavarian autosports & auto werks & I couldn't find this part. Is there a online site where I can get this part or do I have to go to a dealership. I have a '99 323i.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Just got a new set of tires & my alignment checked. The technician told me that my rear camber alignment bolt had broken & that they couldn't align the rear left wheel. From the sheet they gave me the spec range is -1.8 to -1.3. Right now it is at -.8. Since I have a lifetime alignment program they said just get the Camber alignment bolt & bring it back in. They would then realign everything. Did a search at bavarian autosports & auto werks & I couldn't find this part. Is there a online site where I can get this part or do I have to go to a dealership. I have a '99 323i.
Did they weight the car for the alignment? Weighting to BMW's specs (using about 250kg of ballast) will change the rear camber by about -1 degree compared with un-weighted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts