BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering whether its possible or not to install a back up camera to my idrive which is basic and small display monitor without nav & dvd i suppose. However its Bmw E60 528i 2010. What i presume if may have a way where i can install boot handle NSTC/Pal camera which may compatible with the display monitor what i have.

I will highly appreciate for all your suggestion and recomemtion whether it will fit or not. If it doesnt work what exactly do you all recomend apart from changing the unit monitor into nav and dvd because it will end up costing more than thousands. I really need a camera in NYC as i just moved revently.

Thank you all

·
Registered
296 Posts
I was wondering whether its possible or not to install a back up camera to my idrive which is basic and small display monitor without nav & dvd i suppose. However its Bmw E60 528i 2010. What i presume if may have a way where i can install boot handle NSTC/Pal camera which may compatible with the display monitor what i have.

I will highly appreciate for all your suggestion and recomemtion whether it will fit or not. If it doesnt work what exactly do you all recomend apart from changing the unit monitor into nav and dvd because it will end up costing more than thousands. I really need a camera in NYC as i just moved revently.

Thank you all
Try this.. I did it last year .. works extremely well.. I love it..

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=863360&highlight=

Let me know if you have any questions..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys but do you guys know who will install these for me? I live in Brooklyn NYC anything near me will be appreciated.

·
Registered
195 Posts
You can install the bimmertech version if you are decent with wiring, but most car audio shops can do this. I was quoted $400 to install the Bimmertech camera up in Connecticut. Another option is, if you can drive out towards Rutgers, a BMW audio/video guru lives out there who does a great job for a very reasonable price, reach out to 6spdcoupe or mathematics, they work at: http://unexpectedcreations.com/. They can do a camera install or upgrade your audio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts