Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Attached is a catalog from the UK with 6 series accessories. The ones I'm most interested in are:

TV function for on-board monitor (is this a multi-format unit, or are there separate part numbers for each format? I would require the NTSC format.)

Front Camera (can this be installed in addition to the Reversing Camera or only by itself?)

Reversing Camera (can this be installed in addition to the Front Camera or only by itself?)

Many US dealers will order European parts if you provide them with the specifics. I did this when I added the fully integrated TV function into my E39 M5.

Can someone in GB or Europe call their local parts department for details?

Many thanks!

Attachments

·
Banned
1,742 Posts
1) Why can't I find an accessories list this huge in the USA?

2) Analog TV can only be activated when car is stationary. I assume it will continue to be active after the car moves... I hope?

3) How do we Rig the DVD so that we can watch DVD movies with it?

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Nevervana said:
1) Why can't I find an accessories list this huge in the USA?

2) Analog TV can only be activated when car is stationary. I assume it will continue to be active after the car moves... I hope?

3) How do we Rig the DVD so that we can watch DVD movies with it?
NHTSA

·
Graham
328 Posts
There may be other issues too. My buddie's wife bought a Z-4 in Germany with PDC. In American specs it comes on the rear only. In German specs, front and rear. She paid a bazillion Euros. When she got here to the states and it went belly up, guess what the dealer told her? So now she drives around with four funny looking ,non-functional PDC sensors on her front bumper that don't work and no one will fix. :dunno:

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
grahambishop said:
There may be other issues too. My buddie's wife bought a Z-4 in Germany with PDC. In American specs it comes on the rear only. In German specs, front and rear. She paid a bazillion Euros. When she got here to the states and it went belly up, guess what the dealer told her? So now she drives around with four funny looking ,non-functional PDC sensors on her front bumper that don't work and no one will fix. :dunno:
Interesting. PDC on the 6er (and I think the 7er, too, and probably the more fancy 5ers) has PDC for the front and back. These are blind sensors, however, not TV cameras. Are the sensors you are talking about TV cameras?

·
Graham
328 Posts
Nope...they are the regular PDC sensors. Little circles indented into the bumper. About the size of a thumbnail I think. I think on a Z-4 you would need them more for the front than the rear anyway, because the rear end of the car is so short, and the front end so long. I have never driven one so I don't know. I guess you could say the same about the 6 too.

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Nhtsa

salihyoluc said:
NHTSA - what does that mean
National Highway Transportation Safety Act or National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. The reference meant that government regulators were the reason we in the US did not have a huge accessories list, particularly including accessories that may, in their current form, or with a little hacking, distract a driver.

·
Graham
328 Posts
These are the same safety nannies that make us have warning signs on the passenger mirror and on the sun visors ( of some BMWs that is. :angel: )

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
grahambishop said:
These are the same safety nannies that make us have warning signs on the passenger mirror and on the sun visors ( of some BMWs that is. :angel: )
How about the "accept" screen? Also, always wear your seat belt and don't try this at home.

You still here, GB. When you leaving?

·
Graham
328 Posts
My daughter arrives to supervise me on Tuesday. Packers come on Wednesday . Truck comes to pick up the stuff Thursday, and Friday I be gone. But I am going to drop out of the board for a a couple of weeks until I get to Cooba and try to find an ISP there. I get into Cooba on the 23rd

·
Banned
1,742 Posts
Airbag warning signs crack me up. By the time one is deployed you're already dead from a broken neck, or safe and sound with powder all over your face and a broken nose. WTF good is a big ugly red and yellow sign on your sun visor going to do to help?

-N-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts