BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is 2010 X3 with 210K miles. I always got 2A82 code and ISTA indicate bad Soleinoid valve or compress ring dug into bearing strips, my Soleinoid valve, sensor and filter are quite new, oil cap is fine. I guess I had the latter problem. Last time I didn't check it when changes CCV gasket. I want to know whether my model has Teflon ring or metal one? Older generation use metal. I might fix it by change the seal. If mine have metal seal, I have to change seal and camshaft bearing cover or strip.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
IDK, but I'll guess metal. Read my posts (from this year) about changing mine on the exhaust cam.

A couple of other things to do first, if not done already: check the oil filter mount/cap for a cracked-off end, and clean the two check valves that go in the side/front of the head near the exhaust. And, of course, change the oil and filter.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ BMWaufKS, I couldn’t find your post, can you forward to me. I had this code over 1 year, I tried replace check valve(filter), sensor,solenoid and oil cap. Code still come back. Someone (50s kids?)mentioned model after 2007 use Teflon. I would leave as it is for now if metal seal used. I already have metal and Teflon seals, may have to look for camshaft strip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts