BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone point out to me somewhere where i can figure out if 330xi's can be equipped with a towing hookup? not anything hardcore, like 1200 lbs or so?

thanks in advance for pointers.

-coky

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Call U-Haul and see if they sell a hitch for it. I know the Audi can tow something like 3000 lbs so the xi should have NO PROBLEM towing 1200.

Lexus rx 300 tows 3500 lbs and it has a similar size engine as the 330.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Towing

If I recall correctly, towing voids parts of the warranty in the US, but not in Europe. You might check the BMW-Europe websites to see what the actual towing capacity is for that car. If you find an answer please post it here.

·
10,856 Posts
I saw a 316ti in England towing an occupied two horse trailer. :D

·
10,856 Posts
It's hard to tell over there. :D All those crazy people who don't know what side of the road to drive on... :dunno:

·
3,762 Posts
FireFly said:
Call U-Haul and see if they sell a hitch for it. I know the Audi can tow something like 3000 lbs so the xi should have NO PROBLEM towing 1200.

Lexus rx 300 tows 3500 lbs and it has a similar size engine as the 330.
Actually, the engine isn't the most significant factor in determining how much a vehicle can tow. More important is the strength of the frame, the braking ability, and the weight of the vehicle. Lighter unibody cars don't fare well because they just aren't strong enough. I'm really suprised that the Audi is rated at 3000 pounds...

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
The Audi is the audi wagon with the allroad version- Not sure if it's called allroad because I don't know anything about audi- sorry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts