BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can my stock 328iC auto, smoke a mustang v8? I was up against a white year 2000+ mustang GT on a red light, had doubts about going heads up wit him, so I just let him pass me thru....but he looked like a dumbass for rubbing his tires..while I just pretend he wasn't worth my effort and gas. lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
mrphan said:
Can my stock 328iC auto, smoke a mustang v8? I was up against a white year 2000+ mustang GT on a red light, had doubts about going heads up wit him, so I just let him pass me thru....but he looked like a dumbass for rubbing his tires..while I just pretend he wasn't worth my effort and gas. lol
You're not serious are you? Not a chance in hell...well, maybe a chance in hell if he drove over some really hot s**t and popped his tires before you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fine...what about a v6 mustang? comon man..mustang cant be that superior to the e36's

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha, fine...hats off to the mustangs...im very disappointed wit my lil 3 serie..

·
Registered
E92 07 328xi, 04 F350 6.0, 92 Jetta Carat
2,507 Posts
both v-6 models

1998 bmw @190hp 2000 bmw @193hp 328i model
1998 stang @150hp 2000 stang @190hp v-6 lx model

Stang GT model
1998 225hp
2000 260hp

·
Registered
15 Posts
yall are also not taking into accont the wieght of the mustang, for good reference a v6 has a curb of around 3200(pre 2005) and a v8 3500, the e36 3000. the gearing on an e36 is also much better than any v6 stang(at least manual is) the actual power of a mustang will also vary, it will seem far less than 150-190 stock. V6 vs any manual e36, e36 smokes v6

this is all unless the v6 is stock(dont worry almost all are) my friends on the other hand has a TRUE 220 hp 230 tq and will smoke a stock e36 with his 14.6 1/4 mile

Now as for the 2005+ v6es and the v8s the e36 stands less of a chance. With the v6 the e36 should kill it off the line, but the v6 has greater overtaking abilites and will eventually pull it a tad in the end of th 1/4 (again dont worry, it would have to be a good driver with the v6's open rear to do this) auto v6 vs manual e36 on the other hand = e36 smoking v6.
now for the less fun stuff: v8 vs e36 Dont even try with a 2005+ v8 unless the driver is terrible, even auto with a 0-60 just above 6 sec will smoke you. The pre 2005 v8s you stand a chance with if you are manual and they are auto(no shift kit or hand held tuner though) the manual v8s will probably win though. Well the later model v8 stangs are fast, but the 80's 5.0L are god awful slow especially autos, but a newly rebuilt manual one is cabable of running with a 2005+ v6 so watch out almost never lol

one more thing, keep off the street! if you want to race then actually race! at a track! safer and no cops!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I raced a pre-'05 Mustang GT in my V6 Stealth R/T... I know I keep going back to that, but it was a great car. :) Anyway, the Mustang had an auto. I smoked him at first, then let off, he caught up, passed me a little. I downshifted, and blew his doors off. 222HP and around 220 torque.

HP isn't everything... torque is much more important off the line. 4-bangers beat V8's every day of the week, so displacement isn't everything either.

Now, I don't know if a stock 328 can beat a V8 Mustang in a line or not... this is all bench-warmer racing. I do know I don't really care though... because first corner we come to I might lose a little speed, but that Mustang will be in the ditch. A BMW is the ultimate driving experience, not a cheap quickie thrill.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Really? 200lbs heavier than the 325 in '93 and 400lbs heavier than the 318 in '93 according to my manual(also who has a full tank, it can actually make a difference)

It is true the mustangs are more of a "quick thrill"; they are no where near as nice of street cars as bimmers, but in a drag all that matters is acceleration

1 - 14 of 14 Posts