BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

can anyone check this car out for me?

2455 Views 17 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  drecoop
I seen this car listed and i am going to test drive it ive asked the dealer for additional pics. how do you guys think the carfax looks and how about price wise?:freakdanc

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...s=50&maxPrice=15000&listingId=327030228&Log=0
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
So many "stock" photos.. what's wrong with posting the real pictures of the car? Makes you wonder what condition is the car actually in..:dunno:
I seen this car listed and i am going to test drive it ive asked the dealer for additional pics. how do you guys think the carfax looks and how about price wise?:freakdanc

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...s=50&maxPrice=15000&listingId=327030228&Log=0
he emailed me a few photos i will upload them but im waiting on the pics of seats will upload when i get those but for now ill upload what i have.
here are some pics
Ask about the fault on the car. Look at the picture of the nav idrive do u se red car top right corner. Means there is something wrong or service is a past due. Idrive will say if u go to service information. Or simply when u start the car
ok so i should ask them about that off the back. anything else you can tell me about the pics. that fault may be the thing that sends me on my way to keep looking.
carfax has car from conn to CA to VA in short time....seems odd.
17 months around 2011 with no entries
Good thing is it seem to have been preped for sale by BMW dealer in 2012.
He wants high or clean trade cost per NADA

NADA trade in
TOTAL PRICE $10,650 $12,925 $14,825
clean retail 19,425.

Look up VIN to see what features and options the car was originally sold with

Might be worth investment of having indie do a check for you especially suspension, bushings, quibo. and you check every thing you can electronics, window shades, bluetooth, convenice access. Make sure it takes gas without clicking off the pump off....or vent is clogged ($800)

Seem like OK deal. On mine, the seller had BMW dealer go over it and they made $6K of repairs before I took ownership. And even then after I bought it it since has had 6 additional repairs in just 6 weeks.
Yup man it could be a fault or just past due maintenance. More u check better u will sleep ask if u can take it to independent mechanic spend 100$-200$(its worth it) so they can check the car and if its good buy it if its not stay away. Its used dont expect it to be in perfect shape but at least ull know what ur getting urself into. There is not that much we can tell u by looking at the pictures. Check service records etc etc.
Where can I check the vin
What do u mean? What are u looking for? U can check it in ur dealer they will give u a print with the options. Most likely they wont give u service records.
U can use carfax. For accidents and such.
You can check any VIN options here: http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/ac...rts-catalogue/electronic-parts-catalogue.html

I looked up the build sheet for you:

Vehicle information
Type
Value
VIN WBAGN63473DR15309
Type code GN63
Type 745LI (USA)
E series E66 ()
Series 7
Type LIM
Steering LL
Doors 4
Engine N62
Displacement 4.40
Power 245
Drive HECK
Transmission AUT
Colour TOLEDOBLAU METALLIC (482)
Upholstery LEDER NASCA NATURBRAUN (U6NG)
Prod.date 2003-01-31

Options

Code Description (interface) Description (EPC)
S202A STEPTRONIC Steptronic
S358A KLIMAKOMFORT-FRONTSCHEIBE Climate comfort windscreen
S423A FUSSMATTEN IN VELOURS Floor mats, velours
S430A INNEN-/AUSSENSPIEGEL AUT.ABBLENDEND Interior/outside mirror with auto dip
S437A EDELHOLZAUSFUEHRUNG Fine wood trim
S441A RAUCHERPAKET Smoker package
S456A KOMFORTSITZE ELEKTRISCH VERSTELLBAR Comfort seat with memory
S609A NAVIGATIONSSYSTEM PROFESSIONAL Navigation system Professional
S620A SPRACHEINGABESYSTEM Voice control
S650A CD-LAUFWERK CD player
S676A HIFI LAUTSPRECHERSYSTEM HiFi speaker system
S691A CD-HALTERUNG CD holder
S785A WEISSE BLINKLEUCHTEN White direction indicator lights
S925A VERSANDSCHUTZPAKET Transport protection package

Standard equipment

S216A SERVOTRONIC HYDRO STEERING-SERVOTRONIC
S229A DYNAMIC DRIVE Dynamic Drive
S238A LM RAEDER/ DOPPELSPEICHE 93 BMW LA wheel, double spoke 93
S245A LENKSAEULENVERSTELLUNG ELEKTRISCH Steering wheel column adjustment,electr.
S302A ALARMANLAGE Alarm system
S319A INTEGRIERTE UNIVERSAL-FERNBEDIENUNG Integrated universal remote control
S403A GLASDACH, ELEKTRISCH Glass roof, electrical
S431A INNENSPIEGEL,AUTOMATISCH ABBLENDEND Interior mirror with automatic-dip
S442A GETRAENKEHALTER Cup holder
S470A KINDERSITZBEFESTIGUNG ISOFIX Isofix-System
S488A LORDOSENSTUETZE FAHRER/BEIFAHRER Lumbar support, driver and passenger
S502A SCHEINWERFER-WASCHANLAGE Headlight cleaning system
S521A REGENSENSOR Rain sensor
S522A XENON-LICHT Xenon Light
S534A KLIMAAUTOMATIK Automatic air conditioning
S645A RADIO-STEUERUNG US BMW US Radio
S845A AKUSTISCHE GURTWARNUNG Acoustic belt warning
S850A ZUSAETZL. TANKFUELLUNG EXPORT Additional Export tank filling
S853A SPRACHVERSION ENGLISCH Language version English
S992A STEUERUNG KENNZEICHENBEFESTIGUNG Control of number-plate attachment​
Where can I check the vin
Usually when a car jumps from state to state like that , It is to
REMOVE A SALVAGE TITLE . It is known as cleaning the cars
title History . I & a couple others who went to BIMMERFEST
this year , met some Armenians there that own a SALVAGE
yard in Sun Valley , they were telling a few of us about how they
can take the SALVAGE TITLE off a car by doing this .

edit for miss spelling
carfax has car from conn to CA to VA in short time....seems odd.
17 months around 2011 with no entries
Good thing is it seem to have been preped for sale by BMW dealer in 2012.
He wants high or clean trade cost per NADA

NADA trade in
TOTAL PRICE $10,650 $12,925 $14,825
clean retail 19,425.

Look up VIN to see what features and options the car was originally sold with

Might be worth investment of having indie do a check for you especially suspension, bushings, quibo. and you check every thing you can electronics, window shades, bluetooth, convenice access. Make sure it takes gas without clicking off the pump off....or vent is clogged ($800)

Seem like OK deal. On mine, the seller had BMW dealer go over it and they made $6K of repairs before I took ownership. And even then after I bought it it since has had 6 additional repairs in just 6 weeks.
So are u telling me to keep looking?
Hes warning you man its up to u what u wanna do
So are u telling me to keep looking?
ok thanks im going to test drive it thiw weekend so ill take a look at things and have someone look at it also.
Just remember that if it's been salvaged, insurance companies typically won't insure it. Also, most finance companies won't finance them so you may have to pay cash outta your pocket to buy it. Also, many (most in my mind) salvage cars often aren't TRULY repaired correctly so they can become "death traps" when the repairer "decided" to not replace an air bag (or two). As such, a salvage title is typically worth 50% of the current market value so IF that car was a salvage, then it's worth $7,000 instead of $14K so should you decide to resell it, you might not get the $'s you put into it back out.
ok thanks im going to test drive it thiw weekend so ill take a look at things and have someone look at it also.
i think ive found another one as the previous one was sold today. this ones newer and less miles but I guess you saved me from the hassle of finding out the last car was salvage if it was. playing it safe thanks to you guys knowledge is key. how does this one check out sent an email to get some pics so ill post them asap but on paper hows it sound?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?listingId=96361438&CMP=usedInv
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.