Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To make a long story short, I'm the accidental owner of a BMW TrafficPro headunit in my Z3, and I'm trying to get it to work with a BMW CD Changer. Ron was nice enough to point out this wiring harness, which I appear to need:

BMW Part 65 90 0 139 624

However, my dealer tells me that this part number doesn't show up in their system. I've been told this is a European part number, but I still don't understand why my dealer can't order it for me. Aargh.

Can someone here help me? Perhaps point me to a dealer that can? Much appreciated.

·
4,073 Posts
Some AG parts can be added to the NA parts system by dealers. Others cannot for regulatory or whatever reasons.

I assume BMW NA will not stock this part because of the transaction costs to supply the demand (1 in the entire NA region) are too high.

In general, european dealers will not export to the US. BMW will not allow this because of potential law suits. We have received phone calls from BMW NA to the effect of "hey, why did you call BMW Hamburg and ask about XXX parts?".

You need someone to walk into a Euro dealer, buy the part, and have the 3rd party ship it to you.

Or replace your head unit with an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information

Do you or anyone else have any 'connections' that might be able to get this part from a Euro BMW dealer for a fee? I'm happy to pay someone for their troubles, if I can get the part... Thanks!

I really like the headunit, so replacing it isn't an option for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Connecting TrafficPro to BMW CD Changer

This part seems to be discontinued, so no luck there. However, I would be happy to make this wiring adapter myself, if I only knew the pinning of the connector; ie, what wire goes to what. Can anyone please help me with this? Again, I have the connector for the radio part, just not for the CD-Changer part (labeled "CD part" in the above photo).

I know it's only a few pins, but I don't have the guts to just start trying random combinations, for fear of shorting something out. I'll happily reward anyone who can provide me with the pinning. The manual for the TrafficPro doesn't provide detail on the pins for the connector either.

I've tried to get this info from BMW, who claims they can't help me, since the part is discontinued (I guess they shred all of the information on something when it is discontinued?) or Becker, who should be able to help me (since they made the TrafficPro for BMW), but has told me that I'm on my own.

I know there's probably only a handful of people with the TrafficPro here, and maybe fewer have the adapter to connect it to the BMW CD Changer wiring in my Z3, but hopefully some kind soul will take pity on me and help me with this info.

I'm rather desperate, so anyone who can help me will be rewarded... Please help! Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts