BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6 series is turning off when it gets hot. It trurned off on my in the middle of the highway I had to tow it to my mechanic. He put it on his computer and couldn't find anything wrong with it and reset the computer. It's been in the garage cause I don't drive it in the snow, has anyone experieced this problem or can anyone tell me what's going on? I love the car and would hate to get rid of it.

·
Cruising 280 Top Down
6,089 Posts
How hot are we talking? Ideally the oil temp gauge doesn't go over half-way (250 deg. F). If it goes over this in normal weather and normal driving then I would check the coolant system (radiator, fluid level, thermostat, temp. gauge, et. al).

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
How hot are we talking? Ideally the oil temp gauge doesn't go over half-way (250 deg. F). If it goes over this in normal weather and normal driving then I would check the coolant system (radiator, fluid level, thermostat, temp. gauge, et. al).
+1...might be something as minor as a bad sensor or thermostat; but it sounds like the OP's car is automatically shutting-down its engine to prevent overheating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts