BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called up some dealerships in my areas today (New York and New Jersey). I was interested in the 335i coupe(currently driving loaded 08 528i), the lease special is 429 a month plus 3800 down payment included the 2500 holiday credit. So I was thinking with 2500 credit toward my 3800 down which will turn out to be 1300 down and if I do my math correctly the payment should be around 460 per month (no money down with 10000 miles premium and automatic) per year (despise the factor money factor ran up to 00225 compared to oct 00200).

What turn out to be....they said the holiday credit was already included in the special:confused:! Which means I still have to put the 3800 down in order to get my monthly payment to 429 :thumbdwn:

Then if nothing down just tax and basic fees upfront should be 429 plus 120 equal 549 per month:tsk:.

So the holiday credit is nothing but a lie, just a way to advertise:mad:

Johnny L

·
Registered
948 Posts
I called up some dealerships in my areas today (New York and New Jersey). I was interested in the 335i coupe(currently driving loaded 08 528i), the lease special is 429 a month plus 3800 down payment included the 2500 holiday credit. So I was thinking with 2500 credit toward my 3800 down which will turn out to be 1300 down and if I do my math correctly the payment should be around 460 per month (no money down with 10000 miles premium and automatic) per year (despise the factor money factor ran up to 00225 compared to oct 00200).

What turn out to be....they said the holiday credit was already included in the special:confused:! Which means I still have to put the 3800 down in order to get my monthly payment to 429 :thumbdwn:

Then if nothing down just tax and basic fees upfront should be 429 plus 120 equal 549 per month:tsk:.

So the holiday credit is nothing but a lie, just a way to advertise:mad:

Johnny L
lease specials always been like that! ask for $2500 discount on the car to meat ur goals lol

·
Registered
8,180 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
holiday credit runs till jan 4th. $2500 bucks. goto another dealer.

·
karate monkey
147 Posts
OP, if you haven't already you might want to read through this thread for some additional insights. thread

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I always try to hit the dealerships with the most colorful flags and balloons. That way I know I'm getting the straight scoop.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I got the email from BMW about this special and looked into it. Same conclusion. I am sure the they bumped up the financing rates for purchases as well. They should at least offer additional incentives to current customers.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,676 Posts
I always try to hit the dealerships with the most colorful flags and balloons. That way I know I'm getting the straight scoop.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
They should at least offer additional incentives to current customers.
Why offer something if you don't need to? I'm sure they would do more if there churn rate was too high, but if it is within expectations, don't hold your breath.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Why offer something if you don't need to? I'm sure they would do more if there churn rate was too high, but if it is within expectations, don't hold your breath.
No kidding. They don't have to do anything that they don't need to. Sending current owners email about this "great" holiday offer which turns out to be nothing more than a sleight of hand makes me feel like a fool after spending some time looking into it. I feel like BMW is insulting my intelligence. But don't worry, I'll get over it. I am just acting like a kid who thought he was getting a present but didn't.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
They should offer it because their earnings are down, what 74%?

Sending a loyal, sophisticated customer a "great", "exclusive" lease deal for a 3 series lease for $99 a month, with 10,000 miles per year and $20,000 down is insulting.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Sending current owners email about this "great" holiday offer which turns out to be nothing more than a sleight of hand makes me feel like a fool after spending some time looking into it. I feel like BMW is insulting my intelligence. But don't worry, I'll get over it. I am just acting like a kid who thought he was getting a present but didn't.
How does it feel to get insulted every day?

Marketing 101 calls for a blazing headline, followed by details that are less than promising. Look around - you see this approach from every mailer you get, every flyer, every piece of email, every piece of marketing. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I wouldn't expect BMW to be any more "moral" than the next guy - perhaps just more slick.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Sending a loyal, sophisticated customer a "great", "exclusive" lease deal for a 3 series lease for $99 a month, with 10,000 miles per year and $20,000 down is insulting.
OK - so you are insulted. But at least you looked at the offer and thought about BMW, which is what they wanted. Does this make you feel like Benz, Audi and Lexus are better auto companies? Isn't it just more of the same? Not worse, not better.

HEY - I just saw an ad on this page (scroll down). 0% financing for an Infiniti! Crap - I looked - there was a disclaimer - boy, pretty insulting. I can't believe they allow insulting ads like that on this board.

For the record - I'm not trying to be insulting - just injecting a little light-hearted humor.

·
Registered
412 Posts
How does it feel to get insulted every day?

Marketing 101 calls for a blazing headline, followed by details that are less than promising. Look around - you see this approach from every mailer you get, every flyer, every piece of email, every piece of marketing. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I wouldn't expect BMW to be any more "moral" than the next guy - perhaps just more slick.
Chris, I see your point that all brands can be insulting. That doesn't mean one can't bitch about it. If I was a Lexus owner and got one of those emails, I'd be complaining about that too on a Lexus forum.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Water off a duck's back. Don't let it get to you.

·
Super Bayern!
348 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"Contact a board sponsor"
Do you mean BMW of Finance? I called them before the holiday credit thing to extend my current lease. I already prepared for the worse. I guess I won't be driving a new bimmer this Christmas. Maybe during the new year if they give loyalty incentives and decent base rates on the models.

JL

·
Registered
865 Posts
They should offer it because their earnings are down, what 74%?

lol, the sad thing is that this would probably work...

Agree that these sort of things are slimy, but there are lots of rich, dumb people out there that BMW has to make a play for.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Agree that these sort of things are slimy, but there are lots of rich, dumb people out there that BMW has to make a play for.
How is it slimy? Don't they have to disclose the initial payment? What would you do - any if it is any better - why aren't other car companies doing it? It seems EVERYONE does it.

Not sure it's that dumb either. In this sort of market, by putting a lot of money down may yield a better return than dropping it in the stock market or bank. Yes - you may lose a lot of it if you total your car. But seriously, is that a common occurrence?

At the end of the day, it comes down to the buyer being aware of the deal. I don't know too many rich and dumb people though. I know rich and ignorant people - but they generally know their areas of weakness, and ask for expert advice as required. To do otherwise on something like a car purchase would be - dumb. Rich and dumb folks don't tend to stay rich very long.

Now if someone was ignorant and dumb...

·
Call Ivan @ 973-780-9541
812 Posts
As chrischeung has pointed out, BMW advertisements get people who look at monthly payments to go oooohhhhh, I can afford that! Let me walk into a BMW dealer instead of the Acura dealer. The out of pocket info is all in the fineprint though.

If you're buying a 2010 instead of leasing it's $1,500 to $2,500 less to own 95% of the 2010 models now vs. October... nothing wrong with that! It's no secret that BMW wants more owners and less leasees so they can get away from having to support as many high residuals and low money factors to move xx,xxx vehicles in the US market every year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts