BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some coding my key fob now rolls up and rolls down the windows, locks /unlocks the car, etc...

My Comfort Access will lock the car, roll up the windows, close the sunroof and close the mirrors.

My comfort access will only unlock the doors. It will not roll down the windows then open sunroof like the key fob does.

Can I code to make Comfort Access roll down the windows like the key fob does?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,068 Posts
I have never actually tested, but I assume the function would work as long as it is programmed.
Personally, I like the fact that you have to hold CA or FOB, so driver can determine how much windows are rolled up and leave them with small opening if desired. I do not know of a situation when I would use function to roll down already rolled up windows with CA.

·
Super Moderator
7,068 Posts
OK

I saw it

Thank you

But i thought what you meant was locking will automately roll up all openning windows.
No; sorry for the miscommunication. Folding mirrors are all or nothing; however, windows will only continue moving down or up while pressing CA or holding FOB button. If you do not wish to wait for windows to roll up, you have choice of walking away holding FOB or using switch on drivers door.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have made a lot of changes thus far, but have a lingering "problem" that I need to fix on my 2006 e85 Z4 Roadster that is related to the issue here in this thread.

I can raise the hood WITH both windows via key held in the door lock. I enabled KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB >COMFORT CLOSING WITH REMOTE CONTROL (POWER WINDOWS, SUNROOF OR CONVERTIBLE TOP)< within my GM5 module and my hood closes now via key fob-- but the windows would not go up.

I made another change to the GM5 in setting FH_ZTR_SCHALTER_TIPP_ZU to aktiv >ONE-TOUCH CLOSING ALL POWER WINDOWS WITH ALL-WINDOWS BUTTON (CONVERTIBLE)< but at that point the windows would only go up via key fob AFTER letting off the lock button and reapplying the lock command. That is the issue. I need it to work with a single press like opening the hood works. I think that all the function/parameter options are within the GM5 but may be mistaken. There COULD be something within the CVM module for convertible top functions.

The hood opening and window opening work fine with one key fob unlock press and hold. I NEED this same action for the closing though, because I am adding hardware that will depend on this functionality. I know it's a shot in the dark, but does anyone recognize this behavior?

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The hood closure AND window closure works via key in the door. Turn to the right and hold, and doors lock, hood comes up, and windows close. Why not that way with the FOB button!?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts