BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if they (dealers and/or bmw) ever allow "custom orders". For example, could you get a 328i sedan with sport package, but get the wheels from the 335i sedan sport package (I believe they are 162s)? Can you pay extra to do this? Or will they just laugh at me when I ask?

TIA

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am ordering a 328i and I asked this question. The answer I got was "no". You can buy the wheels/tires from the dealership as "accessories", but you get them in addition to the wheels that come with the car, and you get no credit toward the 162s.

I plan on mounting snow tires on the 161s that come with the sport package, selling the "new" run flat tires that come on the wheels, and buying a second set of 18 or 19" wheels with summer tires in the spring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Muffinman. That's what I figured.

btw, did you price out what it would cost to get the 162s as accessories?

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'm thinking about doing the same thing as Muffinman for my 335: use the 162s for snows, and 19" 230s for summer performance tires (Michelin PS2s). Probably smarter to sell 162s and get a smaller wheel for winter. Still waffling on the rft/non-rft issue.

Any of you guys want to buy my 162s? ED, so they will have a thousand kilometres or so on them, should get here (redelivery) about Nov 7.

Any advice on how to buy and ship 230s while I'm in Munich?

·
Registered
90 Posts
ohechoi said:
Thanks Muffinman. That's what I figured.

btw, did you price out what it would cost to get the 162s as accessories?
I didn't price them through the dealership, but on bmwwheels.com they are $1315.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stressdoc,

Unfortunately my timeframe is a bit off from yours. Right now I'm looking at May 07. But thanks for offer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts