BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have 16 inch. Is 18 to big of a jump? I've read different reviews. I have a bent rim so I'm in the market for new wheels and tires.

·
///Member
508 Posts
You can definitely go to an 18".

I went from the stock 16"s to 19"s :thumbup: albeit I kept the 16"s for the winter.

You should consider the climate you are in...Pennsylvania you'll have to worry about the snow and your best bet is to have a second set if you go up to a 19" to avoid another bent rim.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
It should be but check your manual for tire specifications. My manual has a full page on tire specs for sport vs non-sport package.

I'm in a process of going from 17 to 19 or 18 and I'm convinced that I should stick to the tire specs else I could run in other issues down the road. Have read quite a few guys not following the wheel/tire specs and running into issues

·
Registered
90 Posts
Did you check your manual? I found the manual without 'x' and 18" is not an option for 2007 but it is for 335i --> http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29803

For the 328xi(2007)which is what I have they said the biggest is 17. Is thay true? Or could i do 18's?

·
Registered
76 Posts
You can definitely go to an 18".

I went from the stock 16"s to 19"s :thumbup: albeit I kept the 16"s for the winter.

You should consider the climate you are in...Pennsylvania you'll have to worry about the snow and your best bet is to have a second set if you go up to a 19" to avoid another bent rim.
I like your set up. Is that 328i xDrive? What rims are those and what size tires please.:bigpimp:

·
Registered
90 Posts
My recommendation is to stick to the size in the manual. I have seen people getting burned for not following the suggested specs by the manufacturer. The manual I downloaded for your model and yr does allow for 19 and not 18, I'm no wheel expert to weigh on why not 18 for your car. I have 2010 328 and I can go to 18 and 19 per the manual.

Well i have both manuals. But im not sure. 18's arent an option. But i have clearance for up to 19's.

·
Registered
90 Posts
So which do you think? 19's
Yes, 19 for sure because that's a recommended size by BMW. I personally would not install anything that the manufacturer does not specify. Make note, if you are going 19 then you will also need to go staggered wheels, front 225/35/19 88 Y XL rear 255/30/19 91 Y XL. Doubkecheck your manual to make sure it's accurate.

Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, 19 for sure because that's a recommended size by BMW. I personally would not install anything that the manufacturer does not specify. Make note, if you are going 19 then you will also need to go staggered wheels, front 225/35/19 88 Y XL rear 255/30/19 91 Y XL. Doubkecheck your manual to make sure it's accurate.

Good luck!
My manual for the xdrive only shows 17's. Nothing big
ger tho.

·
///Member
508 Posts
I like your set up. Is that 328i xDrive? What rims are those and what size tires please.:bigpimp:
Yup, 2010 328i X-drive.

They are Apex PS-7 19" staggered setup - front tire 235/35 R19 and rear tire 265/30 R19

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
On an xDrive model, from a performance standpoint, I'd recommend a square wheel/tire setup.

You don't need the extra width in the back for traction because you have xDrive. You will also increase understeer with a staggered setup.

·
///Member
508 Posts
Yea it is definitely not necessary on the x-drive to be staggered. I bought them from CraigsList and as for understeer, I don't drive aggressive enough to notice. I also like how wide the rears are and know that wouldn't work on the front.

·
Registered
380 Posts
18's will be perfectly fine...in fact preferable over 19's. And I second going with a square set up on an xdrive.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts