BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to order a 6 and want to take advantage of the current $3,500 option credit, $2,500 Mission to Drive rebate, and the FS loyalty discount, but really don't want delivery until early Spring. Is it possible to sign/commit now therefore getting the incentives but request a Feb build date?
 

·
Ich bin schneller
Joined
·
2,101 Posts
Going to order a 6 and want to take advantage of the current $3,500 option credit, $2,500 Mission to Drive rebate, and the FS loyalty discount, but really don't want delivery until early Spring. Is it possible to sign/commit now therefore getting the incentives but request a Feb build date?
You can lock in a rate for 60 days on the east coast. Mission to Drive ends Jan 3, so you would have to order by that date, but you will have to take delivery within 60 days to keep it. So, a Feb build date might cut that deadline pretty close.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
woow

Doesn't delivery have to occur before 1/2/12 for the 'mission' credit to be effective?

If I order a car next month and it doesn't come in until February, I won't still get the 'mission' credits right? The fine print seems to focus on delivery as opposed to order date....?

DRP
 

·
Bimmerfest Founder
Joined
·
15,590 Posts
Doesn't delivery have to occur before 1/2/12 for the 'mission' credit to be effective?

If I order a car next month and it doesn't come in until February, I won't still get the 'mission' credits right? The fine print seems to focus on delivery as opposed to order date....?

DRP
No, you can get a lock if you order now. They just don't advertise that part.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
You can lock in a rate for 60 days on the east coast. Mission to Drive ends Jan 3, so you would have to order by that date, but you will have to take delivery within 60 days to keep it.
My car was produced last week, but i'd like to put off delivery until feb, is that possible?

i want to keep all current incentives (loyalty+eco+mission+nav = $6230) and .9% finance rate.

Dealer says I need to take delivery before year end or incentives will change, is that accurate?

thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Signing and delivery are the same thing except for ED. In the case of US Del., it is deliivery date. ED, should be contract date.
Ah I see. I am planning on doing an ED and target pick up date is 4/16. To keep these locked in incentives when would be latest pick up date I can expect? I can sign a contract any day. Thanks!

And I apologize for hijacking the thread...
 

·
Bimmerfest Founder
Joined
·
15,590 Posts
Ah I see. I am planning on doing an ED and target pick up date is 4/16. To keep these locked in incentives when would be latest pick up date I can expect? I can sign a contract any day. Thanks!

And I apologize for hijacking the thread...
You need to have a bona-fide sold order in the order bank by 1/3 and a confirmed contract/delivery date less than 90 days prior....
A tall order to coordinate between Christmas and New Year's...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
You need to have a bona-fide sold order in the order bank by 1/3 and a confirmed contract/delivery date less than 90 days prior....
A tall order to coordinate between Christmas and New Year's...
I have been working with the a CA for a while. I already have an approval from BMWFS and finalized my options and the order should be going in any day now (given deposit). I was also under impression like some of members that i cannot take advantage of either the finance incentive or the loyalty program unless i take deluvery of the car by 1/3 even if i lock in the rates.

Since contract date is different than physical delivery date for ED i was just wondering what is the latest date possible for the pick up i can expect given my target date :)

Again thanks for all the great information makig this dark art that is car buying :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Signing and delivery are the same thing except for ED. In the case of US Del., it is deliivery date. ED, should be contract date.
sorry still not 100% clear for my situation... dealer says that my vehicle is now in and they want to schedule delivery asap. I want to hold off on delivery until late jan early feb.
Can my my current locked in deal can stay locked until then? Someone mentioned mission credit is ok for 60 days, but is it the same with all others (eco, loyalty and navi)?

Dealer telling me that i have to take delivery by yr end or incentives expire...
 

·
Bimmerfest Founder
Joined
·
15,590 Posts
sorry still not 100% clear for my situation... dealer says that my vehicle is now in and they want to schedule delivery asap. I want to hold off on delivery until late jan early feb.
Can my my current locked in deal can stay locked until then? Someone mentioned mission credit is ok for 60 days, but is it the same with all others (eco, loyalty and navi)?

Dealer telling me that i have to take delivery by yr end or incentives expire...
So let me get this straight: you ordered a new car from a dealer. They ordered it on your behalf from the factory. The vehicle arrived.
The dealer was invoiced, and had to pay for for the vehicle. And now they are paying interest on it. And you honestly expect them to "hold"
it for you until February?

:dunno:

Am I missing something here? Car dealers are not holding companies. What was your original agreement?
 

·
Bimmerfest Founder
Joined
·
15,590 Posts
I have been working with the a CA for a while. I already have an approval from BMWFS and finalized my options and the order should be going in any day now (given deposit). I was also under impression like some of members that i cannot take advantage of either the finance incentive or the loyalty program unless i take deluvery of the car by 1/3 even if i lock in the rates.

Since contract date is different than physical delivery date for ED i was just wondering what is the latest date possible for the pick up i can expect given my target date :)

Again thanks for all the great information makig this dark art that is car buying :)
All of the marketing programs currently in play are lockable on new factory-fresh Bimmers (i.e., non-Brass Hat, Service Loaner Cars, etc.). There is "sold order price protection" as well to save you from the imminent January 1 price increase. The only exception is enhanced OLP.... If your dealers are telling you something different, then that is your reality. They are the dealer that you chose... Your only option is to find another dealer.
 

·
I know a thing or two...
Joined
·
7,440 Posts
So let me get this straight: you ordered a new car from a dealer. They ordered it on your behalf from the factory. The vehicle arrived.
The dealer was invoiced, and had to pay for for the vehicle. And now they are paying interest on it. And you honestly expect them to "hold"
it for you until February?

:dunno:

Am I missing something here? Car dealers are not holding companies. What was your original agreement?
+1

I wanted to post this earlier but didn't want to be too pushy.

Unless you specified this upfront and they knew going in that you were not taking delivery until February, this is a ****ty thing to do. If I was your dealer, I'd put the car back for sale and make it available to anyone else that wanted it and I'd tell you "sure, you can take it in February..... if it is still here." And then I would go out of my way to sell it to someone else.

Dealers finance their inventory. They do not have unlimited amounts of working capital and having your car sit there for 2 months ties up money that could be used for a lot of other things. Plus, they are paying interest every day that it sits there. You should do the right thing and take delivery of the car now (once again, this is assuming that they did not specifically agree to this delivery date when you made your order).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
So let me get this straight: you ordered a new car from a dealer. They ordered it on your behalf from the factory. The vehicle arrived.
The dealer was invoiced, and had to pay for for the vehicle. And now they are paying interest on it. And you honestly expect them to "hold"
it for you until February?

:dunno:

Am I missing something here? Car dealers are not holding companies. What was your original agreement?
yeah, it's complicated. Just lost my job a week ago so am trying to work it out. They gave me a build week of the 51st week. In the 50th week when i got the news at work, I tried to get them to delay build or cancel it, but they told me it was too late and they started production already (not exactly sure how that happened). It was also supposed to be pcd (i was never given a date though), and this week they say they canceled pcd last week when I told them what I wanted to do. Was hoping pcd would give me some more time.

anyway i didn't want to walk away from the deal, so trying to work it out but need a few weeks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
+1

I wanted to post this earlier but didn't want to be too pushy.

Unless you specified this upfront and they knew going in that you were not taking delivery until February, this is a ****ty thing to do. If I was your dealer, I'd put the car back for sale and make it available to anyone else that wanted it and I'd tell you "sure, you can take it in February..... if it is still here." And then I would go out of my way to sell it to someone else.
Don't worry about telling it straight..people like me on on here to get feedback.
As you gather from my last post, i'm not being intentionally ****ty. Funny thing, I placed the order a long time ago and was pushing for early dec pcd, but when they finally gave me a build week it was for the 51st week. Then I lost my job a week before Christmas, and here we are...now I'm the one that wants to push it back a bit.

I'd be happy if they could sell my car to someone else..if i could keep my deal and incentives with the reorder.
 

·
Bimmerfest Founder
Joined
·
15,590 Posts
Sounds like a tough situation for all parties. I can see why they might insist upon immediate delivery...


As SARAFIL said, unless there was a meeting of the minds that included a holding agreement, I would tell them to go ahead and put it on the lot. If and when the time comes that you are in a position to take delivery, I would go back and see if it is still available. Hopefully it was a fairly common/conventional specification. If they sold it during the interim, have them order you another one. This resolution would be fair to all parties.

Sorry you lost your job...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Sounds like a tough situation for all parties. I can see why they might insist upon immediate delivery...

As SARAFIL said, unless there was a meeting of the minds that included a holding agreement, I would tell them to go ahead and put it on the lot. If and when the time comes that you are in a position to take delivery, I would go back and see if it is still available. Hopefully it was a fairly common/conventional specification. If they sold it during the interim, have them order you another one. This resolution would be fair to all parties.
not exactly conventional specs, but colors are normal (sliver/black).
That situation (selling it to someone else) would be great for me if i could keep the deal i have, otherwise i'd have to walk away. Paying a lot more in Feb is certainly not going to work for me.

As for the job, thanks. Never really a good thing (in the short term)...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
All of the marketing programs currently in play are lockable on new factory-fresh Bimmers (i.e., non-Brass Hat, Service Loaner Cars, etc.). There is "sold order price protection" as well to save you from the imminent January 1 price increase. The only exception is enhanced OLP.... If your dealers are telling you something different, then that is your reality. They are the dealer that you chose... Your only option is to find another dealer.
I think there is somewhat of misunderstanding. Probably my fault :) It seems clear that I would be able to lock in all the applicable incentives and loyalty program including imminent $200 increase protection. I think you and several others have confirmed it.

My main confusion was contract date vs. pick up date for ED. Since 90 day thing applies to contract date what would be the time frame that BMW would give me as a pick up date. Lets say that my contract date is complete on 4/1/2012 signed and paid (I would assume that would constitute as contract complete) when would be the latest expected pick up date?

And @ssaq, sorry to hear about your job :( I hope it works out!
 

·
Bimmerfest Founder
Joined
·
15,590 Posts
I think there is somewhat of misunderstanding. Probably my fault :) It seems clear that I would be able to lock in all the applicable incentives and loyalty program including imminent $200 increase protection. I think you and several others have confirmed it.

My main confusion was contract date vs. pick up date for ED. Since 90 day thing applies to contract date what would be the time frame that BMW would give me as a pick up date. Lets say that my contract date is complete on 4/1/2012 signed and paid (I would assume that would constitute as contract complete) when would be the latest expected pick up date?

And @ssaq, sorry to hear about your job :( I hope it works out!
The rules are fuzzy about this. These are the only defined parameters:

"It is recommended to have the customer sign no later than two weeks prior to delivery. Contracts may not be submitted nor dated more
than 7 calendar days prior to the delivery date in Europe. Contracts may not be post-dated to match the customer's delivery date in Europe.
The contract must be signed and dated the day the customer comes in to sign their final documents before departing for Europe."

Does this even make sense?

:dunno:

I think whoever typed it meant to say "Contracts may not be submitted nor dated less than 7 calendar days prior to the delivery
date in Europe."

That's what I remember from my first 9 years with BMW anyway...

Basically you have 2 weeks from the date of contract for delivery. Your rate lock calls for contracting with 90 days of the expiration date
of the bulletin in play when the deal was struck...
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top