BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, with respect to the current incentives (Loyalty $1000, Financing rebate or credit $500, Power tailgate $250 if ordered with conv pkg) do I make my best deal with the dealer, and then are these incentives taken off my negotiated price?

I am a bit confused, as some suggest the price as "$1000 over invoice or $500 over invoice" but does this also include the incentives? Could I negotiate $1000 over invoice, then have the incentives (I forgot to mention the CCA $500 which comes later) subtracted to bring me below invoice?

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes, you can get below invoice with the incentives. I ordered an X3 35i configured as follows:

Base MSRP $42,400
Deep Sea Blue Metallic $550
Leather Nevada Mojave $0
Fineline Sienna wood trim $0
Cold Weather Package II $450
Cold Weather Package $700
Dynamic Handling Package $1,400
Premium Sound Package $950
Sport Activity Package $1,750
Technology Package $3,200
Premium Package $3,450
BMW Apps $250
Destination & Handling: $875

Configured MSRP $55,975
Dealer Invoice $51,645

Negotiated Price $51,789
MI Incentive - $500
Owner loyalty - $1000

Final Price $50,289

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ordered an X3 for my wife about $500 below invoice :thumbup:

·
Jen4BMW
143 Posts
On a 2013 X3 M Sport I am at $500 over invoice less $1000 for BMW Drive so yes its totally possible to get under invoice up here in MN. I have 2 dealerships locked to this deal which was not hard to achieve at all. I just told them right upfront right after the hand shake I'd do nothing more than $500 over invoice. No one squaked.

Note both dealerships are adding $250 MACO + $180 training/service fee's though so maybe this is how their getting me?? Thoughts?

·
Jen4BMW
143 Posts
Wabbajack have you not heard of the BMW Drive USA event? Some dealers aren't participating. You sign up directly with BMW, select a drive event date and location and after the drive event BMW emails you a $1000 credit voucher but it can't be used before the event. You need it in hand at time of purchase. Mine is set for June 27th. It wont work on ordered cars either but the easy work around is having the dealer order you your car and sit on it until you have the credit in hand.

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
That's for 3 Series Sedans only, can't be already ordered-it's in the rules.
Wrong. I have my Drive for Team USA voucher in front of me. Here is the fine print:
* Offer Code 1 can be used towards purchase of MY12 or MY13 models excluding MY13 3 Series xDrive Sedans. Offer Code 2 can be used towards purchase of MY13 328i xDrive Sedan or MY13 335i xDrive Sedan. BMW Drive for Team USA Allowance is available on all new 2012 and 2013 BMW models and can only be redeemed by individuals who participate in a scheduled BMW Drive for Team USA event and is non-transferable. The offer is valid from April 17, 2012 through October 31, 2012 on the lease or purchase of all eligible models except 2012 3 Series xDrive Sedans. The allowance on 2012 3 Series xDrive Sedans is valid until January 2, 2013. Offer may be redeemed at an authorized BMW Center for Stateside (U.S.) delivery only and cannot be used for European delivery. Offer not valid for vehicles delivered prior to event attendance or customer orders placed prior event attendance. This offer may only be combined with certain eligible offers available at the time of delivery. Offer cannot be used for tax, title, registration, destination or other dealership fees. Some restrictions apply; see an authorized BMW center for details.
You can order and use it. You can use it at any BMW dealer. You cannot use it on cars you ordered before attending and cannot use it on ED.

I expect to use it and the USAA credit and BMWCCA rebate on anything we buy this year. I expect to end up paying at least 2k below invoice on any purchase.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Well if you go to the web page for the offer the bastards make it look like it's only for 3 series. When there is an incentive like that offered by corporate, is there any reason why the dealership would lose? I'm really pissed that my dealer didn't tell me about the offer two months ago, especially when I sat in their office for 4 hours haggling over how there is no loyalty incentive any more.

I take delivery on Thursday and I'm wondering if there is some way I can get them to basically give me the $1000 off for being pricks before I drive away.

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
Well if you go to the web page for the offer the bastards make it look like it's only for 3 series. When there is an incentive like that offered by corporate, is there any reason why the dealership would lose? I'm really pissed that my dealer didn't tell me about the offer two months ago, especially when I sat in their office for 4 hours haggling over how there is no loyalty incentive any more.

I take delivery on Thursday and I'm wondering if there is some way I can get them to basically give me the $1000 off for being pricks before I drive away.
Why are you buying from someone you dislike? :dunno:

·
Jen4BMW
143 Posts
Wabbajack, sorry, I think your hooked. Of course it's entirely possible your dealer isn't a participating dealer so mentioning it would be like waving goodbye to you.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Wrong. I have my Drive for Team USA voucher in front of me. Here is the fine print:

You can order and use it. You can use it at any BMW dealer. You cannot use it on cars you ordered before attending and cannot use it on ED.

I expect to use it and the USAA credit and BMWCCA rebate on anything we buy this year. I expect to end up paying at least 2k below invoice on any purchase.
*deleted* I found the credit on the USAA site....

·
Registered
32 Posts
On a 2013 X3 M Sport I am at $500 over invoice less $1000 for BMW Drive so yes its totally possible to get under invoice up here in MN. I have 2 dealerships locked to this deal which was not hard to achieve at all. I just told them right upfront right after the hand shake I'd do nothing more than $500 over invoice. No one squaked.

Note both dealerships are adding $250 MACO + $180 training/service fee's though so maybe this is how their getting me?? Thoughts?
Jen4bmw - when you offered invoice plus 500 from the onset, did the dealers that agreed to this counter with a higher price? I'm working on crafting my negotiation strategy for a new 2013 x3 for my wife. Already have the BMW drive credit. I'm going to attempt to end at invoice plus 500 (pre drive credit) but would think that to end up there, I'd need to offer less than that and don't want to insult dealer with an offer that is deemed to be too low (eg, invoice or invoice less x). Many thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
end of month deals

I offered $500 over invoice and then took USAA incentive of $1250 off of that. I was surprised when the dealer quickly accepted on the last workday in June.

Last day of month you may get invoice (plus about $500) less any incentives you qualify for.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Jen4bmw - when you offered invoice plus 500 from the onset, did the dealers that agreed to this counter with a higher price? I'm working on crafting my negotiation strategy for a new 2013 x3 for my wife. Already have the BMW drive credit. I'm going to attempt to end at invoice plus 500 (pre drive credit) but would think that to end up there, I'd need to offer less than that and don't want to insult dealer with an offer that is deemed to be too low (eg, invoice or invoice less x). Many thanks.
You won't insult them...the worst they say is no. It's not like you are bidding on their childrens art work. My experience in Chicago was $500 above invoice was not accepted - we settled on a price slightly higher. However, out in Schaumburg, $500 was accepted. Unfortunately my wife liked the sales guy so we overpaid.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.