BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and can't find the answer to this.

The owner's manual describes how to set the on exit function of the seats when exiting the car, but only through the navigation screen. I don't have nav, so can I control what the seat does when I exit? My Infinity would move the seat and steering wheel back so you could easily exit and it would move back to memory position when you started the car. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2007 335i Sedan.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
20,103 Posts
I'm thinking it can. I'll check when I take my car out later today.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
While I don't have my manual handy, the '07 on line PDF manual has no mention of an "on exit" function and no description of anything other than the usual memory seat settings. Do you recall the section heading in the manual where this is described?

My 128i convertible has an electrical adjustment to move the seat forward for rear seat passengers to get in and out, but it is operated manually. And although my E91 has ZPP and iDrive, I don't think the seats will uautomatically move back for exit.

Tom

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While I don't have my manual handy, the '07 on line PDF manual has no mention of an "on exit" function and no description of anything other than the usual memory seat settings. Do you recall the section heading in the manual where this is described?

My 128i convertible has an electrical adjustment to move the seat forward for rear seat passengers to get in and out, but it is operated manually. And although my E91 has ZPP and iDrive, I don't think the seats will uautomatically move back for exit.

Tom
Sure. I'm looking at pg. 48 (in the printed manual, should be the same as online). The section is "Seat and mirror memory*". The subsection most directly related to this is, "Call-up with the remote control". Second paragraph reads, "You can select the occassion on which the seat is reset to that position.

- Call-up when the vehicle is unlocked
- Call-up when the driver's door is opened."

On pg. 49 it then goes into "Selecting automatic call-up"; #7 relates to "Last seat pos.".

I may be misreading what this is implying, but seems to be in the ball park of what I'm trying to do. Again, without nav and iDrive controller, my experimentation to get this to work is pretty limited.

·
Super Moderator
8,103 Posts
Sure. I'm looking at pg. 48 (in the printed manual, should be the same as online). The section is "Seat and mirror memory*". The subsection most directly related to this is, "Call-up with the remote control". Second paragraph reads, "You can select the occassion on which the seat is reset to that position.

On pg. 49 it then goes into "Selecting automatic call-up"; #7 relates to "Last seat pos.".

I may be misreading what this is implying, but seems to be in the ball park of what I'm trying to do. Again, without nav and iDrive controller, my experimentation to get this to work is pretty limited.
Unless this is only available on iDrive cars I don't think that what you are asking is available. What you are seeing in the manual is the seat moving to it's memory position upon unlocking or opening the door. There is no exit setting.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
20,103 Posts

Yeah, I don't think it will move back automatically when you are getting out of the car. The setting is so the seat will adjust automatically between the two remotes for the setting of two different drivers.

For folks who don't have a second driver I think I've read of them programming the second setting (on the unused remote) to move all the way back.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
No, the 3 series doesn't have that option. My wifes old Infiniti did it, and I'm pretty sure my old E39 540 did it also. Kind of a cool feature...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Pretty sure the 3er does not, but my wife's jeep does. With the way the bolsters wear you would think that this would be an option.

·
Tastes like chicken
1,161 Posts

You cannot do what you are asking, directly. However, if you only use one memory position on your key fob then you could say, set your seating preferences to mem 1 and seat all the way back as mem 2. Then when you want to exit the car, reach down and press mem 2 and the seat will go back. Then, when you get back in the car, once you're in reach down and press mem 1 and it will go back to where you want it. There is no automatic version of this.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for confirming this. I will go with the workaround of using the second seating position to move it back before I get out. I think I have to wait for my second key to get setup first. I'm assuming I can't setup memory 2 position while my primary remote us present otherwise it will use that setting instead when I unlock or enter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.