BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I used scratchX over the weekend on the hood of my black car to get rid of some minor scratches. It actually seems to have done the job, however in the areas where I applied it, there is now circled blemishes that look like I fainted out the black paint.:confused: I applied it 3 times on the various spots with medium pressure. You can only see it from certain angles, but it is still annoying. What did I do wrong? How can I get rid of it? Is it residue from the ScratchX?

I appreciate any input...

Thanks...

Zwanzig

P.S: I used ScratchX on various other areas of the car with great success and without any fainting of the paint despite applying it several times with medium to hard pressure.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Scratch X is a aggressive swirl remover you need to polish those area now...Klasse AIO or any decent OTC polish will take away the hazing and minor scratches that the SX installed...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scratch X is a aggressive swirl remover you need to polish those area now...Klasse AIO or any decent OTC polish will take away the hazing and minor scratches that the SX installed...
Gotcha....I thought that ScratchX was rather mild....that's why I chose it. Interesting...
Is there any otc polish that you would recommend for my case?

Thanks,

Zwanzig

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Gotcha....I thought that ScratchX was rather mild....that's why I chose it. Interesting...
Is there any otc polish that you would recommend for my case?

Thanks,

Zwanzig
Meguiars line of polishes would be a good start...Klasse AIO...have a look in your phone book for a auto paint store supplier and see what they have...most likely they will have some more pro-line products and good suggestions for what you are looking to do

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Meguiars line of polishes would be a good start...Klasse AIO...have a look in your phone book for a auto paint store supplier and see what they have...most likely they will have some more pro-line products and good suggestions for what you are looking to do
Thanks....I used ColorX and it seems to have done the job. To really see it I will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

later,

Zwanzig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts