BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
I am asking for a big favor.
I am located 5 hours from chicago. I saw car in autotrader.com in chicago. Before I drive 5 hours to buy that car I thought whether a forum member in chicago check it out.

Now the details

328i with just 72k miles, wood trim, (regular, no sports pkg)with new brakes and shocks, manual - looks good on pics.

Owners phone number is 563-505-6013

I will really appreciate your help..

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
If i were living in Chicago, I would do it for you, but unfortunely i don't. Sorry ! Whats so special about this car, that you have to buy it so far away???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a good question BMW318i_E36

I wanted a 328i with low miles and good condtion. that's about it. I couldn't find any near by my area here..:tsk:

I know it is a stretch.... to buy used car

·
Registered
853 Posts
get them to meet you half way ,you will soon see how intrested they are in selling the car, mine was 4 and a half hours away and they met me ,i liked it ,then they met me the following weekend and i bought it .

·
Registered
513 Posts
Have him send you tons of pics of everything you would look at in person. Ask him to send u any receipts of payments for oil changes, tune ups, etc. Thats basically the only thing you can do. I bought a car in detroit and I live in mass and thats what I had the guy do. I ended up buying it and everythings good. Thats the best advise I can give you.

·
Still here
12,188 Posts
Surely you are not advocating buying a car without seeing it though?

Although you will probably be fine....is it worth the risk??

·
Registered
E92 07 328xi, 04 F350 6.0, 92 Jetta Carat
2,507 Posts
i have bought several cars with out seeing or test driving. I would do it for you but i am 4hrs away myself. i would recommend to going to bimmerforums and going to the regional section there. alot of guys are in that area will do this for you.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Pirate_copy said:
Surely you are not advocating buying a car without seeing it though?

Although you will probably be fine....is it worth the risk??
Just have him take pics of the car. I dont think a guy would give fake pics to a guy who has to take a plane to see the car, not unless he is the biggest asshole on the planet. Most people who take their time and send pics of the car, especially pics that you request, are usually trustworthy and nice people. If some guy who is selling a piece of crap car is saying he wont take pics, you have to fly here and see the car then you know not to watse your time. I would talk to the person on the phone and see how he/she sounds, if they seem like they took care of the car, why they are selling, etc. If you follow all of these guidelines you should be fine.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hm, i don't see it in autotrader... That phone # sounds phishy, though. Is it a crazy deal?

·
Registered
E92 07 328xi, 04 F350 6.0, 92 Jetta Carat
2,507 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^ that phone number is a Iowa number like eastern ia like the davenport, clinton, dubuque area. its possible the person used to live somewhere there and moved or going to school in the chicago area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.