BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello.. im converting over from the vw world...

i thought that the 2.7lt i6 m20 engine would have more power than its rated at.. from what i have found all over the internet its rated at about 121 hp.

however the car feels like it has alot more power. and the 2.5lt m20 engine is rated at 170hp?????

maybe i have this all wrong, but will someone straighten this out for me.

·
Registered
232 Posts
the b27 engine only has 121 hp, as a result of its limited red line and a few other factors, but it has been built to produce lots of torque, thats why it will usually feel more powerful in every day driving. the b27 can be made to outperform the b25 quite easily and for relatively little cost. dont be discouraged by the tiny HP stats :)

·
BMW CATRACHO!!!!
132 Posts
How can the b27 beat the b25? what upgrades are needed, that sounds like a good proyect. cheers:thumbup:

·
Registered
232 Posts
there is heaps of things that u can do to an eta :)...the first thing i did was the M30 Afm swap, then go get urself a 323i head, intake manifold and throttle body and run it all with a 325i DME. and at the moment im waiting on my 2.5" exhaust system to be delivered so its almost ready to hit the dyno :D

Im guessing it will be more than a stock 325i, is it too much to hope for just under 200hp at the flywheel?

Later down the track, to compliment the raised powerband, im going to hunt around for a lower ratio diff, and a manual gearbox, cose im sick and tired of the auto box :(

·
Registered
232 Posts
yeah the great thing about the eta is it has stacks of torque, and that is what you will feel during everyday driving, and these modifications will really enhance that kick in the back feeling :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
One of these days i'll have my 3.1L stroker kit and kick some honda butt. Untill then my car is torqueless. I did a canyon run last weekend. It was very depressing to see my car not moving up hill.

·
Registered
232 Posts
lol :) killing hondas is a bit of an easy goal, why dont you set your goals a littel higher :p..maybe scoobies :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts