BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now seen a couple of recent model year Ford Mustangs with Altezza-style (is300-style) taillights. Huh?!

Anyone else think these guys are a bit confused or somehow missing the point? I mean, isn't the long-standing "competion" between American V8 cubic inches and Japanese I-4 technology? I can think of a number of analogies, but none I'm coming up with right now are very politically correct. But, still, is it just me?

Or do some of the "kids" today just have no idea?

(BTW, the current body style Mustang truly looks like shit wearing Altezza clears. Not to mention the reflective tint.)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm so tired of those damn lights

They're all over the place. I've seen 'em on 17 year old Chevy S-10's for goodness sake! I've even heard of those things refered to as "Euro-Style" taillights!! What's so damn Euro about those?

·
Registered
343 Posts
TD said:
I have now seen a couple of recent model year Ford Mustangs with Altezza-style (is300-style) taillights. Huh?!

Anyone else think these guys are a bit confused or somehow missing the point? I mean, isn't the long-standing "competion" between American V8 cubic inches and Japanese I-4 technology? I can think of a number of analogies, but none I'm coming up with right now are very politically correct. But, still, is it just me?

Or do some of the "kids" today just have no idea?

(BTW, the current body style Mustang truly looks like shit wearing Altezza clears. Not to mention the reflective tint.)
yea I've seen those too...terrible. Sheesh even the F150 Lightning gets these stupid lights from the factory now!

What I was really happy to find out was that the new Mazda 6 taillights are going to be different for the US, red glass instead of the Altezza style like the rest of the world. Those Mazda folks are really making me happy these days... :D The 6 and the RX-8 are going to be nice!

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
I guess they just have bad taste and think they look good. They aren't the only ones, Altezza lights are everwhere. :dunno:

Who am I to lecture them on tail lights, I like the 7 :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nate328Ci said:
E46 and E36 in the same pic

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WTF?! Normal looking families just milling around the carcasses of ruined BMWs. For god's sake, at least spare the children the horror.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
clyde325xiT said:

Maybe the Germans do. These look like good old fashioned 'mericans. You can tell by the silly spelling of Alliance.
Oh yeah. There are plenty o' Merkins stationed in Germany. That makes sense...

Oh, and people wonder why we're called "ugly Americans" abroad....

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
I really wish people would not POSE with their cars. It's too IcyHotStuntaz for me.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
The HACK said:
I really wish people would not POSE with their cars. It's too IcyHotStuntaz for me.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Altezza lights are ancient in these parts. It started out as the fully clear lights which were totally illegal so after the Altezza was intro'd in Japan, people figured out that would be a good compromise between 'r1cey but legal' and just plain r1cey. This trend is one of the reasons I ultimately decided NOT to get a IS300. The trend seems to be shifting towards trucks/SUVs (as well as otherwise stock mom-mobile Hondas) with these things turning up on the back of a lot of Expeditions and Suburbans (with and without 24in Giavannis).

I was at the local computer swap on Sunday and parked near a beat up old E36 325is with brand new Altezza lights. :tsk:

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
I see those damn lights everywhere on everything too. I don't know what's worse though...today at lunch, I saw some POS old school Ford Tempo with foil, yes foil cut-outs scotch-taped over his rear tail lights...one can only wonder... :dunno: :lmao:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Chris330ci said:
I see those damn lights everywhere on everything too. I don't know what's worse though...today at lunch, I saw some POS old school Ford Tempo with foil, yes foil cut-outs scotch-taped over his rear tail lights...one can only wonder... :dunno: :lmao:
The funny thing is, the 'tezza lights look like *ss on all cars, but its starting to look pretty good on the IS300. When it first came out I thought it look *ss too but it just seems appropiate for the IS.

Can't wait until people start putting the E65 "eyebrow" on Civics.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts