BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
So did you get your car to run from your other post? (where your hose broke and once repaired you car wouldn't stay running?....and you bought a battery charger......)

Assuming your E60 has the N52 engine, that hose looks like P/N 11537522999.....but someone else should help verify....please do not purchase based on my post....

·
Registered
2007 BMW 530xi
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So did you get your car to run from your other post? (where your hose broke and once repaired you car wouldn't stay running?....and you bought a battery charger......)

Assuming your E60 has the N52 engine, that hose looks like P/N 11537522999.....but someone else should help verify....please do not purchase based on my post....
Thank you for the part number.

Haha, thanks for reading my previous post. Yes, I was able to fix it all, car was running well for a few hours until another hose raptured, lol.
So now this one seems a bit more complicated to do since it's way lower in the car.
I'm actually wondering if it would make more sense to try to replace it by lifting the car and working from the bottom or just the top? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Not sure I can say one way or the other, which is better....it's been a while since I owned my E60.

But I will offer this up....given your history (two posts now ;)), it may be prudent to invest in replacing all of your coolant hoses at once....and looking at RealOEM.com - Select Your BMW Model or https://www.shiftoem.com/dev/select.php, you have a few to replace...or a lot of hoses that my continue to fail.....and always at the wrong times....

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
As stated before. Use Realoem.com to find the hose. You will need the last 7 of your vin for that site. To me it looks like #7 here. One end has a Mickey Mouse ears connection if I’m not mistaken. I’m used the the V8 e60 not the inline 6. That hose should not be very difficult to replace from above. Do some Googling. RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
106 Posts
As stated before. Use Realoem.com to find the hose. You will need the last 7 of your vin for that site. To me it looks like #7 here. One end has a Mickey Mouse ears connection if I’m not mistaken. I’m used the the V8 e60 not the inline 6. That hose should not be very difficult to replace from above. Do some Googling. RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
No, the Mickey Mouse hose is on top of the one he's indicating in the video, and the mouse-ear flange is to the left of the hose in question.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts