BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would really appreciate if someone would be kind enough to help me out. I have purchased the obd/usb cable suggested on this forum and followed the advise/download/installation to a "T", numerous times. I still do not have the program working. I posted again on the same thread, stating the installation problem, with no replies. I am not new to the automotive field and diagnostics. I am a former senior master technician;however, I am not a program writer or software engineer. I say this because I've read a few times on this forum people stating to others whom have asked for help, "if you you cant install a simple program , you have no business messing with the car". I just wanted to make it clear that Im not diving in blind, but as stated.... Im not having ANY luck getting the software to work. I have tried many times on and off for a month with no luck! I would be more than happy to Buy the program if possible, but I cannot find a source. Any help is appreciated, its just very frustrating that I posted a question , received replies telling me what to order and download, then when I ordered that cable and followed those instructions with no success, now no one has any advise??????

Thanks!

·
Freude am Fahren
6,378 Posts
It would help if we knew what specifically isn't working.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem I am having now is that when I open the Inpa program It does not connect with the vehicle. Both the battery and ignition "circles" remain blank, and there are no vehicle options (F3-F9.) It does say "running" in green on the bottom left, whether connected or not. There are also (2) small circles on the top left of the screen that are flashing.

Thanks

·
Master Tinkerer
2,218 Posts
Do you have this serial/usb interface set to use com1 and the lowest latency possible? Have you created / copied the obd.ini and ediabas.ini files into the proper place?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts