BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Nick Burns, the Comp Guy
7,645 Posts
rice rice :cry:

I can understand SOME things.. but 19s and a drop... thanks but no thanks.

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
isaacly said:
whats wrong with 19's and drop?
There are no performance gains with such mod.

The wheels are HEAVIER than stock and will gain you no increase in handling. Your car will accelerate SLOWER.

In addition, unless the drop is done with new shocks, struts, springs, and sway bars, the car will most likely handle WORSE than stock.

Bimmerfest drivers tend to like mods that improve the driveability of the car, not just the looks.

·
3,762 Posts
isaacly said:
It would be far easier to list what's right with 19's and drop. Here's the list:

1) ..... (hear crickets chirping in the background)

G

·
isaacly said:
Is your penis really so small that you have to drop a few thou on some mods that HARM your vehicles performance just to achieve a certain look that some people think is cool? If so, stick with stickers. They're cheaper and easier to undo when your lease is up.

20,210 Posts
Emission said:

There are no performance gains with such mod.

The wheels are HEAVIER than stock and will gain you no increase in handling. Your car will accelerate SLOWER.

wouldn't you have to know what kind of wheels he's talking about?

G

·
atyclb said:

how about if he thinks it's cool?
You just like to argue.

Anything is theoretically possible, but I doubt it. Not knowing him specifically, I would bet that no one out there would think these mods are cool on their own. I suspect it takes that whole peer approval thing to motivate one to do something this pointless.

20,210 Posts
TD said:

You just like to argue.

Anything is theoretically possible, but I doubt it. Not knowing him specifically, I would bet that no one out there would think these mods are cool on their own. I suspect it takes that whole peer approval thing to motivate one to do something this pointless.
probably true

but the CSL *will* come with 19's and a drop :D

G

·
atyclb said:

but the CSL *will* come with 19's and a drop :D
And I will still insist that even 18s are strictly about //Marketing. 19s are silly. Unless, as Nate pointed out, they are needed to clear the brakes.

But at least I am quite sure that they will be some of the lightest forged 19s out there, unlike the rims much of the Bling Bling Crowd buys. And I doubt the drop will be as pronounced.

But the CSL is also not really intended to be a street car. And, therefore, regular drivability is not as much of a concern to BMW.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
TD said:

And I will still insist that even 18s are strictly about //Marketing. 19s are silly. Unless, as Nate pointed out, they are needed to clear the brakes.

But at least I am quite sure that they will be some of the lightest forged 19s out there, unlike the rims much of the Bling Bling Crowd buys. And I doubt the drop will be as pronounced.

But the CSL is also not really intended to be a street car. And, therefore, regular drivability is not as much of a concern to BMW.
It certainly isn't slammed, you're right

And, the brakes seem to fill out the 19s well.

btw, I love those rims...

20,210 Posts
TD said:

not like this then?

20,210 Posts
nate328Ci said:

It certainly isn't slammed, you're right

And, the brakes seem to fill out the 19s well.

btw, I love those rims...
The CSL's are definitely lighter than the regular 19's. They are made by BBS and are a magnesium something or other :eek:

I might buy a set and lower my car next year :eeps: :eeps: :eeps:

:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts