Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Jon, okay i ordered a 2003 325ci at assael BMW in the summer. Now that the car has arrived, the damn dealer JACKED UP THE price, he didnt want a deposite or anything when we ordered it. Now he upped the price over the MSRP by a couple thousand. Whatever happened to being faithful to the customer.

NOw i dont even think i can get this car anymore. WHY WHY WHY!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey I work right next door to you in Burbank. I'm buying mine from Cutter to avoid this very thing. It's worth the trip to Santa Barbara. :)

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,151 Posts
Mashuri said:
Hey I work right next door to you in Burbank. I'm buying mine from Cutter to avoid this very thing. It's worth the trip to Santa Barbara. :)

And your boat arrives in only 5 more days...

:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Jon Shafer said:

And your boat arrives in only 5 more days...

:D
Don't I know it!!! I've been marking off the days on my calendar since September. Looking forward to finally meeting you and Franco. :thumbup:

How long does it take after my car hits Port Hueneme? A week?

EDIT:

Since you like to hang ten, I thought I would point out my mom became a major surf junkie a couple years ago. I can understand her obsession if it's anything like motorcycling is to me. "Curls on the horizon dude!"

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,151 Posts
Mashuri said:

Don't I know it!!! I've been marking off the days on my calendar since September. Looking forward to finally meeting you and Franco. :thumbup:

How long does it take after my car hits Port Hueneme? A week?
You know, we are about as close in terms of actual
physical proximity to the VCP as any dealer...

We've had them turn up in just 2 days before...

:thumbup:

I am really looking forward to meeting you too, btw!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Jon Shafer said:
We've had them turn up in just 2 days before...

:thumbup:
REALLY???

We gotta talk soon, my man! I'll probably take a train up there with my GF. Make a nice trip out of it.

·
•••••••
16,118 Posts
eBean said:
HI Jon, okay i ordered a 2003 325ci at assael BMW in the summer. Now that the car has arrived, the damn dealer JACKED UP THE price, he didnt want a deposite or anything when we ordered it. Now he upped the price over the MSRP by a couple thousand. Whatever happened to being faithful to the customer.

Lame. That's really, really weak. :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
139 Posts
eBean said:

I don't know if it's do-able but maybe Cutter can arrange a dealer trade for your car (after you tell them "no deal") and sell it to you for a more reasonable price? You risk losing it but I wouldn't give them the extra $$$. Maybe they'll cave in once they see you're ready to walk. Then again, maybe they have someone else lined up for it. :eeps:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think they'll fall for the bluff, because they even told me that theres a high demand for a brand new 2003 325ci, and that there are others waiting for my car. DAMN IT, isnt their a way where i can get this guy fired or something or reported?

·
-
643 Posts
eBean said:

I feel for you. When we went shopping for a 330Ci the Assael guy would not go below MSRP. We ended up going elsewhere.

I wonder if you have the same customer rep. Who is it? Maybe you can contact the sales manager and complain. It might get you somewhere.

·
Realtor/Mortgage Broker
185 Posts
eBean said:
Now he upped the price over the MSRP by a couple thousand.
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: It's only a 325. I wouldn't pay that for an M3. You better run to Cutter.

·
paddle shifter
931 Posts
I'm sorry to hear the bad news. But I must agree with everyone else. It's not worth paying the extra money when you know you can get it somewhere else for less.

·
Registered
30 Posts
eBean,

If you follow through and purchase the car despite dealer's deceitful behavior, you are basically telling the dealer that this is an acceptable practice, not to mention extra money out of your pocket.

My suggestion would be to tell your salesperson that you will take your business elsewhere AND that you will tell all your friends how devious the dealership is. If the threat of loss business doesn't change your salesperson's mind, take your business elsewhere. I find it hard to believe with the current economy that buyers are lining up just to take over your 325 if you decide not to take delivery.

Cutter Motors is a great place to buy your car (ask me how I know). :thumbup:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Be sure to call BMW NA's customer relations and tell them about Assael's business practices...This will result in a black mark on their record and cause them to lose year end bonuses and allocation.

Unfortunately they DO have a pretty good service department, and if you're dealing with them due to geographical reasons, it may not be a good idea to piss the dealership off. :dunno:

·
Registered
483 Posts
eBean,

First, do you have anything in writing showing the agreed on price? Second, have you escalated this past the salesdroid to the sales manager?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts