BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Coupe OR Never
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And the secondly, The two main rear speakers are placed on the sides(of the rear seats) due to the nature of the convertibles. Does this cause any output loss for the sound system?

Thanks

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Convertible rear seats on the E46 do not fold. There is a small passthru door in between them for long stuff like hocket sticks.

Sound system in a convertible will never match a closed-in coupe, but it sounds just fine to me.

·
Coupe OR Never
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds NOT good. I have a coupe and wanted to upgrade to a convertible next year. But this got me thinking now. I be okay with the sound but I do need to fit long stuff in the trunk:(

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
hockeynut said:
Convertible rear seats on the E46 do not fold. There is a small passthru door in between them for long stuff like hocket sticks.

Sound system in a convertible will never match a closed-in coupe, but it sounds just fine to me.
:confused: :p

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
iskoos said:
Sounds NOT good. I have a coupe and wanted to upgrade to a convertible next year. But this got me thinking now. I be okay with the sound but I do need to fit long stuff in the trunk:(
In this pic (not my car) the rectangular piece between the two seats just below the seatbelts comes out, and that's the passthru into the trunk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.