BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is that a BMW configured absolutely equal costs about $5000 more in the USA? I got my 2002 330i last month here in Toronto, Canada for $54000 ($35250 US). That same car cost $38900 in the US.

That's a savings of $3650 US - enough for a a cutting-edge crazy PC!!!!!

Not to mention that in Canada, front heated seats and Xenons are standard equipment. Why would BMW price their cars so much higher in the USA?

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
Bavarian said:
Why is that a BMW configured absolutely equal costs about $5000 more in the USA?
Are you sure the are absolutely equal?
Why don't you post the feature that you have in your car so we can help you find out the answer?

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
nate328Ci said:
You are here now :(
Damn it. I don't have the same clout here as I do over at .org...Ashe won't ban anyone unless they're truly helpless flamers.

Damn it, I was hoping the idiots on .org won't find this place. :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
Cars are priced for their respective markets, They will sell the
cars the most people are willing to pay. Also Canadian Bmw
dealers are forbiden to sell cars if the are to be exported in the US. Dealers risk big penalties even could go as far as loose their franchise.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Canada vs USA

CCs328Ci said:

wow, harsh are we? :lmao:
You mean you haven't seen any of DRC-Bavi's posts on bimmer.org? If you have you'd be jumping on the bandwagon to bash this idiot.

G

·
Ashe, BAN THIS CLOWN NOW.

This guy is perhaps the single biggest idiot online. He spreads misinformation and should not be allowed here.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Canada vs USA

CCs328Ci said:

No I am clueless..who are we talking about????????
The guy who originated this thread...He's been making a lot of disparaging remarkes about all types of things and spreading mis-information...Just generally being a total idiot.

If you go to bimmer.org's E46 forum, look for posts from the past 2-3 weeks for a DRV-Bavi's posts and you'll see what we're talking about. I was REALLY hoping some of the real stupid, truly assinine people wouldn't be allowed in here.

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Canada vs USA

The HACK said:

The guy who originated this thread...He's been making a lot of disparaging remarkes about all types of things and spreading mis-information...Just generally being a total idiot.

If you go to bimmer.org's E46 forum, look for posts from the past 2-3 weeks for a DRV-Bavi's posts and you'll see what we're talking about. I was REALLY hoping some of the real stupid, truly assinine people wouldn't be allowed in here.
ahhh, gotcha...thats stupid..I go to .org sometimes, but not in a few weeks... I left that place for here because of the idiots :)

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Canada vs USA

The HACK said:

I haven't been following his threads... but the essence of this post is correct-- cdn cars are cheaper . Perhaps the motivation behind posting is more the issue.

G

·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Canada vs USA

JPinTO said:

I haven't been following his threads... but the essence of this post is correct-- cdn cars are cheaper . Perhaps the motivation behind posting is more the issue.
No, JP, his mere presence on this board is the issue. This post had no objectionable content, but HE is objectionable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts