BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well... the M-sport pkg is now available on the 2003 330i and 330XI. (available on the 2002 CI&CIC's..

EXCELLENT--- finally a viable aero option to "Help" out the sedan redesign:

- Short Shifter :thumbup:

- Sport Suspension

- Sport Seats

- M Steering wheel

- M-Technic skirt Pkg

- M foot rest and M door sill plates

- High gloss shadow line exterior window trim

- Black Aluminum Cube interior trim

- Black (anthracite) roof liner

- M68 17" wheels

·
doh!!!
3,188 Posts
Anybody look into trying to retrofit the short-shifter kit to a US bimmer? That would be kind of cool, factory short-shifter.

Jeff

·
-The Mouth-
861 Posts
I'd be interested in the Anthracite (black) headliner the light gray gets VERY dirty and even Oxiclean cant get it completely clean!

·
Why can't we get Diesels?
2,280 Posts
My fiancee is Canadian. Is it possible to have her buy the car under her name register it in Canada, and then, when we get married register it in the US? Just curious.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
3seriesbimmer said:
I'd be interested in the Anthracite (black) headliner the light gray gets VERY dirty and even Oxiclean cant get it completely clean!
Black A-pillars for US spec sedans are NOT available. Period. I say dye all the pieces. I may just do that.

·
-The Mouth-
861 Posts
is it because fo the airbag placement that the A pillars are not available here??? I would even leave the graycut out area for the airbag on the A pillar.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
mbr129 said:
My fiancee is Canadian. Is it possible to have her buy the car under her name register it in Canada, and then, when we get married register it in the US? Just curious.
Check the vehicle export/import laws. Because this used to be a huge problem (grey-market cdn cars coming to the US), I believe there are some recent laws that put some time constraints on doing this. It CAN be done, though.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
3seriesbimmer said:
is it because fo the airbag placement that the A pillars are not available here??? I would even leave the graycut out area for the airbag on the A pillar.
Yes. US cars get HPS airbags. The rest of the world gets different IPS airbags. Another person and I worked on this some months ago. The IPS A-pillar covers kinda sorta don't really fit.

·
Why can't we get Diesels?
2,280 Posts
I would love to get those options... The plan still is to pick up the 330Ci on our honeymoon... I wonder if Canada also has EuroDelivery at similar savings... I am at a loss to describe how cool that would be. :)

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
JPinTO - If I may, where did you get this information?

Damn, this is really tempting.

·
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mbr129 said:
She'll have to sign a non-export agreement. I think it's only for 1 year.

·
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rost12 said:
JPinTO - If I may, where did you get this information?

Damn, this is really tempting.
If I told you... I'd have to kill you! :p

Actually, I have access to vehicle pricing guides. There is no 2003 pricing available yet, but the options are listed.

I knew this was coming-- last car show had these units special ordered for BMW Canada. I knew it would just be a matter of time.

Not that I really care that much as I'm pretty much through with the E46.

·
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh yah... there is an optional "SILVER aluminum cube" interior trim that replaces Black aluminum cube.

Also... there's an option "265" - Tire Pressure Monitor available on all 330's.

·
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Spiderm0n said:
So, at least in Canada, people can now get a 330xi with a sport suspension... perhaps another year for the US?
I double checked for this... and the sport suspension is the only option NOT on the 330XI's M-Sport Package. :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
JPinTO said:

If I told you... I'd have to kill you! :p
I'd like to see you try... :p :p :p

Not that I really care that much as I'm pretty much through with the E46.
You keep saying that, but you're still driving one ;)

·
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
rost12 said:

You keep saying that, but you're still driving one ;)
What I mean is that it's doubtful that I will replacing this one with another E46. I'll be keeping my E46 until something else comes along, so it doesn't make much sense for that "something else" to be another E46.

It's going to be something very different.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
JPinTO said:

It's going to be something very different.
Yeah yeah yeah. Next-gen S4, Volvo S60r, New Saab...the list goes on.
You just have no brand loyalty, do you? :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts