BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is possible to gain access to an F-Series' CANbus using an OBD2 to Ethernet cable? If so, could you explain the process/tools used. Specifically, I am trying to monitor the CAN messages using Wireshark. When I capture my ethernet connection currently, I am seeing some sort of encapsulated ethernet packets, but I don't think it is from the CANbus. Ultimately, I also would like to inject my own messages to the bus as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I have just bought a 2014 420d Cabrio and I'm also trying to read and send canbus messages. My ultimate goal is to use an Arduino and an Android tablet to replace iDrive and add functionality to the car.
I have ordered an Enet (OBDII to ethernet) cable to start messing around but dont know if it's possible to do it with this cable.
I'm an experienced programmer but it's my first BMW and dont know much about it's communication bus.

Have you found any related info about it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.