BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Can't connect iPhone 4 to X5

4200 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  AutoUnion
Hi.

This is my first BMW and I gladly went with an X5. I'm super stoked about it. But the only thing I have a problem with is that I can't connect my phone with the bluetooth on the X5. If I press the phone button on the center console, I don't get a response on the screen. If I press the Nav button I don't get anything either but I'm not worried about that. I tried holding it down for a couple sec, and no response. I tried pressing the connect button on my steering wheel, nothing. When I turn on the ignition, on my phones Bluetooth menu the X5 doesn't show up. I've tried reading the owners manual, and I havnet found anything to help me. I tried finding solutions online but to no avail. I was hoping someone here would help me out. :)

Thank you very much in advance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I assume your X5 is equiped with Nav/BT?

My 4s paired up very easily.

Jay
Yes. If the buttons are there on the console then I'm assuming it comes with it. Is it possible that the previous owner disconnected it?
Might seem like a stupid question but did you pair it with the car? Is Bluetooth enabled in the Settings on the iPhone?
I'm afraid that is not true. You will have a Nav button even if your car is not equiped with navigation. What options does the car come with?
Yes. If the buttons are there on the console then I'm assuming it comes with it. Is it possible that the previous owner disconnected it?
The phone connects with my other two cars. They are both 2012 VW's. I connected the phone easily. I guess I'll have to go check with the dealer if I can connect phone to this X5. :/
Click the Tel button and go to "paired phones" or something like that. Then click "Add new device" then scan with your iPhone 4
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.