Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Maybe this has been covered elsewhere, but I find I can't edit my threads anymore--the "edit" button doesn't appear. I am signed in and the green light shows I am on line. Is editing restricted after the initial post? The posts show I have edited them before but can't now. Curious.--Bob

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Believe there is limited time to edit a post. Was changed years ago due to some issues.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Believe there is limited time to edit a post. Was changed years ago due to some issues.
Thanks--that is what I am assuming, but this seems to be the only forum that does it. All the other forums I am on allow editing indefinitely as far as I can tell. Anyone know what the issue is and whether it can be changed or the time lengthened? I not infrequently find mistakes I like to correct or things I want to add after a few days or week. If not, no big deal I suppose.--Bob

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Maybe this has been covered elsewhere, but I find I can't edit my threads anymore--the "edit" button doesn't appear. I am signed in and the green light shows I am on line. Is editing restricted after the initial post? The posts show I have edited them before but can't now. Curious.--Bob
Ditto other replies...there is a "time limit" to edit a post you've created...see quote below:

Hey there,

I looked into the backend and users has a time limit of 2 days to edit their posts after the posted day.

Ed

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ditto other replies...there is a "time limit" to edit a post you've created...see quote below:
Thanks, but I am still wondering why this forum dos this. No other ones that I haunt seem to restrict the editing time frame. Any chance of eliminating this restriction or at last lengthening it a bit?--Bob

·
Premium Member
2020 G12; 2019 G01' 2020 MB E450 wagon
1,474 Posts
Thanks, but I am still wondering why this forum dos this. No other ones that I haunt seem to restrict the editing time frame. Any chance of eliminating this restriction or at last lengthening it a bit?--Bob
it is not unusual for a forum to limit editing time. You've just been lucky so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts