BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Drives cars for a living!
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my many trips to Europe and Japan, I have seen a portable tire pressure adjustment tool. The tool is basically an air tank that has a gauge on it, a + and - button on it, and an air hose. The unit hangs on a stand that recharges the pressure vessel when not in use, because the stand is connected to the shop air supply and has a valve at the top of the stand that the handle of the tank rests on. I have searched all over the net for this tool. My company wants to order 2 of them, but I can't even seem to find them. If anyone knows some manufacturers of this tool, please tell me. Or at least tell me the proper name for this tool so I can refine my searches. I don't think any company makes them in the US, but I have no problem ordering from the EU or Japan, or wherever they can be purchased. Please help, it would make my job a lot easier.

·
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have one at our CA office, and I had a tech go look at it. All it says is "Air Carry" on it, and nobody knows where it came from. If I remember correctly, the one we have in CA has a chrome sphere shaped pressure tank and a yellow housing on top of it holding the guage and the +/- buttons.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Every gas station has one or two of them here. I'll check next time to see if I can find out the manufacturer.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Is this the thing you are looking for ?

·
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alex Baumann said:
Is this the thing you are looking for ?

THAT IS EXACTLY IT!!!!!!! :clap: :banana:
That is what we have in Japan. The one we got from Germany I think is a chrome sphere and yellow top. I would really appreciate a manufacturer's name if you can find it.

Thanks again!!!!!!

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
SergioK said:
Ah, the global power of Bimmerfest manifests itself! :thumbup:
What would we do without Herr Baumann :dunno: :dunno:

·
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Test_Engineer said:
I found a different one made by BLITZ
Thanks again Alex, now I just need to find a US distributor!
UPDATE: Blitz-Schneider is part of the Dover Corporation and I noticed that Blitz sells 2-post lifts that look very similar to Rotary Litfs in the US.......because they are the same!!! Turns out, Rotary Lift is ALSO part of the Dover Corporation. So after a bit of digging on the Rotary Lift site, it seems they sell the Blitz tire fillers under the Rotary Lift name.

Portable Tire pressure stations

Their customer service phonelines were down....have to try again tomorrow to see if I can find a Distributor.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
operknockity said:
What would we do without Herr Baumann :dunno: :dunno:
:bow: :bow: :bow:

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
SergioK said:
I don't even need one of these but this thread now has me wanting one! :D
Must.... save..... money...... for...... track...... schools..... :rofl: :rofl:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Air compressor + Accutire. :dunno:

And I already have both of those...

·
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kaz said:
Air compressor + Accutire. :dunno:

And I already have both of those...
It's a whole different story when you check tire pressures about 10 times a day, and some times the car(s) are in a parking lot. It will make my job a lot easier.

·
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Start saving your pennies boys! The first quote I got back from a local RotaryLift supplier was $598! Checking on one more supplier, but I think this is about the cost others in my office have seen in the past.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Test_Engineer said:
Start saving your pennies boys! The first quote I got back from a local RotaryLift supplier was $598! Checking on one more supplier, but I think this is about the cost others in my office have seen in the past.
Hmm, that's a lot of money.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts