BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys i need your help! I have a 2003 745Li with 67K miles...my warrrenty runs out 7/09...was shopping around for aftermarket warrently that covers me as close to OEM as possible but alot of the companies i call wil only cover drivetrain..ect, ect. They say it's too old and to many miles...who/what company out there can help me I only need a plan for an extra year and a half to two years...thank you, please ...the anxiety of owning this 7 after warrenty is stressing me...lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that was the website i went through and they only gave me a powertrain warrenty, do i need to call and talk to someone? they will not give me the platinum package

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
maybe your mileage is too high for those companies. ive read others receiving exclusionary policies up to 90k+ miles so hopefully someone will respond. u may have to dig up those threads using the search function

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the quote i got, cant get gold or platinum becaus eof my miles...any1 have the mercury silver???? any comments

Vehicle: 2003 BMW 7 Series

Current mileage: 67,000

American Mercury Silver Plan

This plan covers your vehicle 3 more years from the date of enrollment or,

36,000 additional miles on the odometer, whichever comes first.

Plan price: $ 3885 (with GPS)

Deductible $ 0

Optional Mercury payment plan:

$ 582.75 down

$ 183.46 for 18 months with 0% (no interest, fees, or pre-payment penalties)

Customers can file claims while making monthly payments. (many companies require full payment first)

Towing service, rental car coverage, trip interruption, and tire protection are included on every plan.

Coverage is transferable (one time) to a private party and includes a pro-rated refund upon cancellation.

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Looks like your screwed///:(

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I think you made the mistake of waiting to long i think after 50k its hard to get exclusionary contracts past that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
MemberCare Extended Warranty Protection Plans

Are you a AAA member? I have friends that drive cars from the big 3 and they like this one. http://www.corpmsc.com/Splash_Warranty.aspx. You may have to purchase for a longer period of time and later cancel because of your shorter time period.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
If your car has under 75k miles on it, you should have no problem in getting an aftermarket warranty. I've been offered up to four years/60k mile warranty (component only) for $2800. Check out Auto Advantage Inc; or AAA Warranty - they are pretty high - $3300 for 4 year component warranty. Fact - the component warranties cover more than powertrain; they include all power items excluding convenience items like navigation and voice command, heated/cooled seats, etc.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its not a problem for me to get extended warranty's...BUT what i want is more then just components or powertrain...i'm looking for a bumper to bumper just like oem

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Damn, I'd take that $4000 and put it towards a new or newer (CPO) before I'd sink that cash into a warranty that is that exclusionary.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts