BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping that somebody can help me.

I tried to install ISTA-D on a freshly rebuilt laptop. I didn't follow directions to the word the first time around and as a result, ISTA-D error-ed out and shut down.

I then went through the necessary steps for a reinstall, several times now, and each time, ISTA-D errors out and it closes.

Can anybody comment on what might be the problem?

After my first install attempt, I was prompted for a license key, which I provided. But after each additional re-install, I'm not being asked for a key. I simply get the error message and the app shuts down. is this normal? If so, where is the license key being stored?

I've tried several attempts to extract the required files into the Program Files (x86) directory as suggested by the install instructions I'm using. I also tried extracting to a subdirectory of the Program Files (x86) directory, but that didn't change any of the behavior?

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
unfortunately I'm not getting anything descriptive. The message just says "ERROR" and the details button is disabled.

Does the application log any relevant data?
Do you have 150GB+ free space available on the HDD? You can click on X instead of OK and the program should launch. Try that and post back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You don't have more than 150GB of free space on your HDD :) Having the same "problem" with mine. Will get 500GB+ HDD :)

Just click X and proceed like Reclaimer said

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i can't believe I didn't try to close the error message using the X until reclaimer mentioned it. That did allow me to keep the app running.

according to Almaretto's screenshot, it seems that my 1.5GHz processor is to blame.

So if i'm understanding correctly, ISTA-D will function as normal other than my having to click through this error when I start it?

Thank you all for your help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts