BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 BMW 328i. I took the battery out to check if it was good but I locked myself out of the trunk so there is no power to open the trunk now. I tried jumping power under the hood on the terminal posts but that does not give any power to the electrical system. I tried using the key on the key fob to open the trunk but the trunk lock will not open. Can any one help? One site mentioned breaking the tail light.

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
So you don't have rear seats that come down?

So you don't have rear seats that come down?
Because there should be an emergency trunk release
in the trunk.
And are you locked out of the car to?
When you disconnect the battery distribution block
you don't have a route for power to the door logic circuits.
somehow you have to get power to that part of the car that controls
the locks. My first guess ,and it is only a guess, is getting power
to the dash through the OBD port but you would only want to
apply power long enough to open the trunk or doors.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...dhOSc2JggwVqMGg&bvm=bv.60157871,d.cGU&cad=rja

Probably would be best to call a BMW Indy or Locksmith and see if they can do anything
for you.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Find the trunk latch circuit in the glovebox.

Then apply 12v manually to the circuit.

This has been done before. Google the procedure.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Dang, Drill, you takin' all the fun out of it! Here we had opportunity for all kinda whack-o posts, and you go and post the solution.

Haven't figured you out yet....not yet....
haha my bad

·
7,959 Posts
Take the manual key out of the keyfob and place it in the trunk key lock and twist.
I have a 2008 BMW 328i. I took the battery out to check if it was good but I locked myself out of the trunk so there is no power to open the trunk now. I tried jumping power under the hood on the terminal posts but that does not give any power to the electrical system. I tried using the key on the key fob to open the trunk but the trunk lock will not open. Can any one help? One site mentioned breaking the tail light.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not everyone has a key lock on the outside of their trunk, like mine for instance has zippo key lock on outside of trunk lid! This is German engineering for ya, no dipstick no trunk key lock....if you have a key hole on your trunk lid consider yourself lucky!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.